'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Spray on Liner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-01 8:37 PM
9 replies, 5054 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lily4
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-30 3:59 PM (#39797)
Subject: Spray on Liner

After talking to different trailer companies, I am more confused than ever.  If the trailer has an aluminum floor - which is supposed to be the best - why would you put a spray on liner over the top of it?  Sundowner says it is great.  Other companies say it's not necessary.  What are everyone's thoughts, opinions?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2006-03-30 4:31 PM (#39800 - in reply to #39797)
Subject: RE: Spray on Liner

Extreme Veteran

The sundowners that I looked at that had the "suncoat" were steel frame... not sure if they only put it on only steel frames.
arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-03-30 9:18 PM (#39812 - in reply to #39797)

Veteran

Anything that separates moisture, acidic horse piss, etc. from metal is a good thing.  It is good to separate those things from steel OR aluminum.  The more durable the coating the better. That is true of any brand of trailer.  That is true of either steel or aluminum.

Edited by arroyoseccofarm 2006-03-30 9:20 PM
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-03-31 7:24 AM (#39826 - in reply to #39797)

Elite Veteran

I lined mine and would never have a trailer without it again. No corrosion, much easier to clean. My aluminum floor held water in the grooves when I hosed it out, this coating lets the water all run right out.
bits
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-03-31 11:02 AM (#39840 - in reply to #39797)

When I first bought my new USED trailer I took the mats out to clean under them.There wasn't much under them but, a small spot where shavings and urine had been trapped was eating away at the aluminum. I drug them out but had to call my husband and grown son to put them back in . I haven't taken them out since. Think spayed in or troweled in would be great. IMHO 

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-03-31 2:28 PM (#39843 - in reply to #39797)

Elite Veteran

I got the Rhino liner sprayed on my truck bed when my truck was only about 2 weeks old.  The installers mentioned that it's critical to have it done before any rust starts.  If you spray it on after it's already started rusting it will continue to rust underneath. 

I've seen several new Sundowner trailers that had the rhino liner on the underside of the GN - gives it a nice appearance and will help it last a lot longer.  Good idea to have it sprayed inside the trailer as well.

hobbsel
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-31 7:52 PM (#39850 - in reply to #39797)

I had my previous trailer (which had an aluminum floor) linex'ed to prevent corrosion. Most people do not bed sufficently to keep urine from running under the mats. When the acidic urine sits under the mats and cannot dry, it will begin to eat away at the metal. The linex was reassurance that my trailer floor would last as long as the rest of the trailer. I have recently upgraded to a larger trailer and cannot afford linex just yet. The trailer is a 1997 and the previous owners did not clean under the mats very often. Some "pitting" has started so I cleaned extremely well and painted with "rust-bullet" to last until I can afford linex.
rick
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-04-01 7:47 AM (#39857 - in reply to #39797)

Regular

I went to my local Line-x dealer and they told me they could not spray my aluminum floor in my trailer, now you guys are saying it can be done?? I definately want it done. We are having the Iowa horse fair next weekend and I am going to be finding out and looking at all the trailers to see if they have it sprayed.

Would rather have WERM but line-x would suffice.

01 keifer LQ

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2006-04-01 9:29 AM (#39861 - in reply to #39797)

Elite Veteran

Your Line-X guy is right. Talk to any S_______er dealer and they'll tell you they pull the sprayed in liner out in sheets off of 2-3 year old aluminum floors regularly. And S_____er doesn't cover it under a "hitch-to-bumper" warranty. The aluminum just isn't porous enough to get good adhesion in the real world on a consistent basis. And if uring gets trapped under a "loose" flap of liner, mmmmm....... it corrodes pretty quickly. So- sometimes it works, a lot of times it doesn't. WERM is much better for that kind of protection.

H1

Lobo
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-04-01 8:37 PM (#39880 - in reply to #39797)

Regular

http://www.sofdek.com/

I found this website when doing a Google search for WERM.  For those of you who would like it in your existing trailer's, it might give you a lead. 

We had it put in our trailer when we bought it.  When the dealer offered it to us and we saw what it was, we jumped all over it.  Two women, with a combined weight of 250 lb. soaking wet with rock's in our pocket's, and I'm too darn old to want to pull heavy stinking mat's out of a 4 horse trailer!  Uh huh, ain't coming on that!  You can't get the mat's clean, so when they dry, they still stink!  It cost an extra 1K, best money I ever spent.   

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)