'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need ideas for place to ride in TN

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-21 1:00 PM
9 replies, 4423 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-01-24 7:31 PM (#54440)
Subject: Need ideas for place to ride in TN

I would like to find a place to ride for a few days in TN I will be staying around the Shelbyville TN area and would like to stay with in a 3 hour drive. I do have a trailer to stay in so would be interested in overnight. I'm from MN so your weather is like spring to me.. I will have my own horse to ride. would like hills..
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-24 8:39 PM (#54447 - in reply to #54440)
Subject: RE: Need ideas for place to ride in TN

Regular

The closest place that I know of from Shelbyville is Circle E Ranch which is about 50 miles away. East Fork Stables in Jamestown is 2 hours and 40 minutes from Shelbyville and Big South Fork is about 3 hours away from Shelbyville. I can't tell you anything about Circle E, have never been there. East Fork and South Fork are both great places to camp and ride.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-01-25 9:45 AM (#54475 - in reply to #54440)

Extreme Veteran

You have a few state parks in the range you are talking about.  Natchez Trace state park and Chickasaw.  Both are really nice.  Land between the Lakes also has a real nice wrangler camp in Golden Pond, KY.  You could go up I-65 and be there within about three hours. 
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-01-25 4:11 PM (#54496 - in reply to #54440)

Extreme Veteran

Long C camp is on the KY/TN line.  Half the property is in Westmoreland, TN and half is in Scottsville, KY.  It is a nice quiet little camp.  Family owned and run.  There are sites with water and electric and a nice bath house.  Good riding with hills and open fields and water crossings...a little bit of everything.

RIDE ON!

kershawsowner
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-01-28 3:27 PM (#54607 - in reply to #54440)

Veteran

hello i am in columbia tn which is close to shelbyville..if you like hills depending on when you are going to be in this area is loretta lynns ranch lots of hills.. its small but very clean.. they have corral panels for your horse and they might of built a barn because i got a brochure from them a month or so ago and they said they had stalls... they are not open all year they have a website lorettalynns. if you dont mind driving 2 and half hours land between the lakes wranglers camp is my camp of choice.. they have barns,nice campground bath houses its huge..go to the website land between the lakes and click on horse camping... also in jamestown tn there is east fork or bandy creek they both have sites on the web..bandy creek is really nice only drawback you cant keep your horse or for that matter even bring your horse at all into the camping area.. not crazy about my horses not staying around where i can see them... good luck happy trails...
Circle E
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-17 10:56 PM (#55752 - in reply to #54440)

Circle E Guest Ranch has over 200 campsites and 200 stalls,  with over 100 miles of trails marked and mapped out.  Check it out at www.circleeguestranch.com

Circle E
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-02 10:35 PM (#56645 - in reply to #54440)

Well it's getting that time of year,  vacation and spring break.  We are looking forward to having everyone this year.   Come check us out in Tennessee.

www.thecircleeguestranch.com

PAWALKER
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2007-03-03 2:43 PM (#56668 - in reply to #56645)

Regular

"Well it's getting that time of year, vacation and spring break. We are looking forward to having everyone this year." ################################################################## I plan on it. I am only 38 miles from you, slightly NW of Tullahoma. I was up on Carter Mountain a couple years back to check out riding possibilities.

Your campground was closed at that time.  You must've been making ready for a horse campground! Because I can't leave the rest of my animals un-attended overnight, I am thrilled to pieces you have opened so I have someplace close for day rides that don't involve going thru Nashville, Brentwood, or Murfreesboro

JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-03-19 3:02 PM (#57319 - in reply to #54440)

Extreme Veteran

Long C Trails is great.  The bathhouses are clean, the campground is nice and the owners are great people.  We ride and camp there at least once a month.  Check out their website.  www.longctrails.com
KSHORT
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-21 1:00 PM (#57455 - in reply to #54440)

MANY CEDARS CAMPGROUND IS VERY HARD TO BEAT. IT IS IN HONEWALD CLOSE TO THE TRACE AND NACO. PROBABLY GO 412 OUT OF COLUMBIA AND THEN GET ON NAT. TRACE GO DOWN TO I THINK IT WILL BE CHIEF CREEK EXIT. BUFFALO RIVER TRAIL RIDE IS GOOD TOO. ITS IS IN WAYNE COUNTY. THATS JUST A LITTLE FARTHER FROM YOU THAN MANY CEDARS. BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE NORMANDY DAM IS RIGHT THERE AND IS VERY GOOD RIDING IF YOU LIKE TO CLIMB HILLS.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)