'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Living Quarters/Conversion Interiors

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-08 11:51 AM
9 replies, 4147 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

denver1
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-07-31 3:46 PM (#45745)
Subject: Living Quarters/Conversion Interiors

New User

We just bought a trailer with the intentions of putting living quarters in it, it already has insulation, the space for the AC etc...I have been searching non-stop on the internet and am coming up empty handed.  For those of you who have done your own conversions, where did you find cabinets, showers, a dinette that turns into a bed etc...

Also what kind of flooring do you feel is nice and lasts a long time for the LQ's floor.  On some of these trailers it looks like they are using real tile...or is it just vinyl.  If they use real tile, how would it keep from coming apart (the grout) going down the road?

Also if anyone knows where I can get an interior access door to horse part feel free to post.  Have contacted manufacturer but I have not recieved a response and they have no accessories online.  Thanx

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bonniejf
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-07-31 4:57 PM (#45752 - in reply to #45745)
Subject: RE: Living Quarters/Conversion Interiors

Regular

rednecktrailersupply.com has doors and windows and a whole lot more.  Also, ebay has some useful items usually.  I'm sure others on this board will have more to offer.
lone ranger
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-08-01 1:51 PM (#45810 - in reply to #45745)

New User

denver1 - I sent you a private message with a contact in WI who can help you out.
denver1
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-02 9:02 AM (#45873 - in reply to #45745)

New User

Thanx for the replies, I checked out redneck and ebay. I still can't find what I am looking for nor find the answers.(but thank you, I felt like it was a start)

lone: Could you resend your message to me, I didn't recieve it.

Thanx again! Anyone else, any input?
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-08-02 10:13 AM (#45881 - in reply to #45745)

Elite Veteran

Kind of hard to send you places without knowing what kind of parts you are looking for, but I was on Dyer's RV Supplies yesterday (google-trailer accessories) and it seems like they have a little bit of everything. Plumbing, awnings, sewer parts, bedspreads-not so many "finish" items, but lots of components to get you there. "RV accessories" is also a good search. Sometimes you just have to get creative with your search titles too.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-08-02 1:19 PM (#45901 - in reply to #45745)

Extreme Veteran

Everything you mentioned I made myself (cabinets, table and such). If you want pre made, just take measuments to a cabinet shop and they can fix you up.

As far as flooring, I would use vinyl or a laminate or even hardwood. I have a laminate flooring in our trailer and it's holding up pretty good. Was fairly easy to put in as well.

Is your trailer steel of aluminum. If it's steel putting in a door won't be as tough as if it were aluminum. If aluminum, I would have the dealer put it in. But you can get a door at redneck trailer supply like mentioned before. YOu can also check out Bill W's link on my site. He put one in on his stell trailer.

As far as finding showers and such you can check out RV supply or Jazz Sales.

Hope this helps.

lone ranger
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-08-02 2:03 PM (#45905 - in reply to #45745)

New User

Denver1 - I'll re-post here.

Not sure where you are in WI - but give Dan Enberg a call. He does custom conversions, and I know he can cut and install the passthru door - he put one in for a friend of mine. His website is www.oakvalebuilders.com, phone is 715-594-3616.

denver1
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-02 5:46 PM (#45919 - in reply to #45745)

New User

WOW!!! mac your site is awesome! That is what I am talking about! You say: "Hope this helps"? I think SO! WOW!!!!
lone...I will contact him about the door and a few other things, they are only a few hours from us. THANX!!!!!!
terri, I went to the site you suggested and there were allot of items on there I wasn't able to find elsewhere!!! Thank You for that lead!!

I do have a question mac...you used tile on your sink with grout, what would happen if a floor was done with tile/grout, I am thinking of the saltillo tile. How are you preventing that from breaking apart?

It is a steel horse trailer by the way... a big beautiful Bruton

Thanx again everyone, my ears are wide open!
lily4
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-08-08 11:32 AM (#46218 - in reply to #45745)

Denver1 - I was looking through a magazine today and saw a company that does some of what you are talking about.  Not sure if it would be everything, but they do show the fold up beds, dinettes, etc.  It's www.rbcomponents.com.  I haven't looked at it just yet, but I hope that helps! 
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-08-08 11:51 AM (#46222 - in reply to #45745)

Extreme Veteran

We got most of it from Home Depot or eBay.
link to my DIY LQ in signature

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)