'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
From spring back to winter in 5 miles.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-23 1:35 PM
0 replies, 2579 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-05-23 1:35 PM (#84571)
Subject: From spring back to winter in 5 miles.....

Extreme Veteran

Towed up to Spicers again and thought well the snow melt with the hot weather last week should able me to get into Bull Run Peak. Thought the views should be awesome as it sits up around 7900ft. elev. and you can see all around the Carson-Iceberg wilderness. Well my ride was cool to start with and pulled out my outback and chinks. Figured I can pull off the outback as it warms up later in the morning as it was only 8a.m. and still cool, yeah a whole 30 degrees! The clouds set in, and looked like fog, it started to drop tiny snow dropplets, "OH, Wonderful!", it should stop soon. Well 5 miles into my ride and the clouds got thicker, and the snow well............snowed harder! This wasn't good and I turned and got my horse's butt out of there, as a snow storm in the sierras doesn't always stay light, it gets worse and I didn't want to get "snowed in!" The last few years snow in May is unusual, but we've had some very dry years, and actually it isn't really unusual and the sierra mountains are a really strange place and can actually form their own weather patterns.

Only took a few pics but hope yall enjoy what I took......

Josie and myself pose for a pics......
 -

A view of the granite scenery..............
 -

and don't know if yall can make it out, but the small white specks are snowflakes, and that became heavier and I was covered in snow when I got back to the trailer!
 -

I will try this trail again when I know it won't snow, but ya never know riding around in the sierras!

Hope all enjoyed!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)