'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trail legislation in Arkansas

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-27 1:48 PM
0 replies, 2878 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-08-27 1:48 PM (#90536)
Subject: Trail legislation in Arkansas

Expert

Here is a copy of emails that I have included regarding trail funding in the state of Arkansas.

Dear Trail Users – I wanted to pass on this exciting information about the possibility of Legislation to provide funding for trails in the State.  Terry Eastin, who is an active and outspoken advocate for all trails has initiated this effort.  This email has an attachment concerning the economic impact of trails that is quite interesting.  Please watch for developments in this area as we approach the upcoming Legislative session.  I encourage all trail users (especially equestrians) to become involved in support of trail funding.  Also don’t miss the great opportunity to attend the National Trails Symposium coming up in November in Little Rock .  There will be excellent technical presentations, educational workshops, user group meetings and trail advocates from all disciplines from across the nation attending.  Volunteers are needed and there are special benefits for those who help.  Horse folks need to be part of this with attendees and sponsorships.  Information about this exciting event is available at the following site:  http://www.americantrails.org/2008/index.html  Please feel free to share this information with others.  Thanks!  

Subject: Legislation to provide $2 million dollar permanent trail grant fund

All,

On August 12th, a group of legislators and I visited with Governor Beebe regarding the proposed trail grant fund.  The meeting's focus was educational, and an economic impact report was provided along with 153 support letters from trail advocates, mayors, judges, physicians, bankers, attorneys, teachers, ministers, and business professionals. The governor was cautiously optimistic, but, noncommittal, in his responses He requested a week or two to review the materials.  Afterwards, Governor Beebe will again meet with Rep. Moore, the Bill's author and champion.  So, now, we wait.

Please accept my sincerest thanks for your efforts to get those letters written.  They were critical and the stack was substantial.  Our goal was 100 letters.  We exceeded that goal by over 50%.  The time it has taken to work through numerous issues, to garner support, and to follow-through has been enormous.  Your support letters made every minute of it worthwhile. As recently as last Friday, I received word that the executive committee of the Municipal League voted unanimously to support the initiative.

Because so much of the information in the report can help illustrates the need, importance, and economic impacts of trails, I have chosen to provide here in the hopes it will help others working with state and local governments.

Please share my gratitude with other networks and individuals you know who have gone out of their way to help.

Best Regards,

Terry Eastin
Co-Chair, 2008 National Trails Symposium

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-08-27 1:50 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format