'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Do's Dont's & Must Have

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2024-06-29 8:36 AM
29 replies, 11272 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trot-on
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2013-04-01 10:54 PM (#151041 - in reply to #150698)
Subject: RE: LQ Do's Dont's & Must Have

Extreme Veteran

"Jiffy Jack" for changing flats. Make sure you have the correct side lug wrench to remove lugs. (and a membership to USRider.org is a must for me)Do not be sucked in to buying items at the big RV Superstores. You can find most of the things you need at places like Walmart, Target, dollar stores. Lots cheaper.A laundry bag for dirt clothes. I've used the pop up type, and set it in shower, or now using the mesh bag, hung in a closet.Adapters for plugging your trailer in at camps with power. Not all will have the 30amp plug.I love the vittle vaults for storing bagged feed for the horse. They are bug and water tight, and I leave in trailer between travels. They hold a lot of feedLove having the electric blanket when I have shore power, but they do have the 12volt throws for tossing on your lap when driving, that are also nice for at least warming up the bed before you crawl in during the winterI've not taken a crockpot, but do have a toaster.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Coolie Chick
Reg. Feb 2013
Posted 2013-04-07 3:40 PM (#151150 - in reply to #150698)

I'll never leave home without water again. The one and only time I did, we had one heck of a time finding any. We use city water in our LQ which means an extra stop but our well water has iron in it. That turns the shower, toilet, etc. rust brown and takes a lot of scrubbing to remove. The live people/critters drink it fine.

My trailer is a 24' combo stock and the front "stall" is for bagged hay, tack, carriage, critter water, etc. For my horses, I have several 15 gallon barrels that are food grade. The lids are like a canning jar... a more or less flat lid with a rubber ring seal, and a ring that holds the lid in place. My husband mounted an RV waterpump on one of the lids, along with a long small diameter hose. It has a multi spray nozzle on the end. The power cord for the pump is long, and plugs into my pickup trailer plug. I can rinse off a horse, fill water tubs, wash my carriage, rinse off myself, etc. I just switch the one lid to a new barrel when out of water in one.

I am planning on a heavy duty metal shelf in the "tack" area with milk crates to hold things. Bungie cords to  hold the milk crates in place, and will secure the shelf to the wall so it says upright. Not positive how I will do that at this point in time. I want to have the option of hauling horses in both livestock areas if I should so desire.

robison02
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2013-04-14 7:25 PM (#151298 - in reply to #150698)

New User

I recommend putting the non-slip shelf liners in all your cabinets to help keep things from sliding around. 

I agree with keeping doubles of household things in the trailer and make them all a very distinct color so they won't be mistaken and left in the house (like orange kitchen things, bright yellow towels--just something very different than in the house).  While we're speaking of duplicates, get a phone charger to leave in there.  I also keep a small coupon file folder that put duplicates of important documents--truck/trailer insurance, health insurance cards, coggins plus contact numbers in case my phone dies or gets stolen, purse is stolen, etc. (home vet and doctor, close friends and family, credit card company, bank).  Along with that, I recommend keeping an envelope with a couple hundred dollars cash hidden somewhere.  That emergency fund has come in handy a lot!!!

Designate a "junk drawer" for extra batteries, tape, notepad and pens, lighter, a candle, safety pins, etc.   Think about using disposable plates, cups, silverware, crockpot liners--it can be awfully tight quarters in an LQ to wash and dry dishes for a small family. 

cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2013-04-20 9:29 PM (#151442 - in reply to #150698)

Elite Veteran

This past week while out of state I needed any extra key and fortunately I had hidden one under both the truck and trailer. I actually had a key bend in the lock and sure was happy for the spare.
lovemylongears
Reg. Aug 2011
Posted 2024-06-29 8:36 AM (#185766 - in reply to #151039)

New User

My fresh water tank, water heater etc. Is under couch, any ideas on easy ways to access it. Now, I'm lifting the couch seat and blocking it with a board. I barely have 9" to get my head under to check water and turn valves off and on.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)