'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Updating a LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-28 3:59 PM
4 replies, 3162 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

KrystleChoco
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-03-28 10:30 AM (#80509)
Subject: Updating a LQ

I found a very nice trailer for a very good price but, the living quarters is very dated (ie. late 80s, early 90s).

I can live with it but, would eventually want to update it.

It has a full LQ currently in it, what is a ballpark figure for a conversion company to update it?

I had thought about the option of doing it myself but, I think I would be getting into major work.

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-03-28 10:47 AM (#80512 - in reply to #80509)
Subject: RE: Updating a LQ

Expert

The price on updating your LQ would be very dependant on your definition of "update". If you mean installing new appliances in place of your present units, refacing your cabinetry, and installing new flooring, the price could be a few thousand dollars.

However, if your definition would include the removal of your present LQ and the construction of a new installation, then the price would greatly exceed the price of a new LQ installed in an empty trailer.

You have too many variables to offer an answer. The size of your LQ will determine the amount of cabinetry. The appliances you want or need, and the type and size of your bathroom and fixtures, will all contribute to the costs.

If you are considering the removal and replacement of your present LQ, it would be less expensive to purchase a more expensive trailer now; one that has an interior of which you are satisfied. Over the long run, it would be less expensive and you would have immediate gratification.

Gard 

KrystleChoco
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-03-28 10:52 AM (#80514 - in reply to #80512)

Thanks!

I have been trying to decide whether to purchase the more expensive trailer now and get a better resale value down the road or purchase the older one and update it.

After doing some figuring, overall I think I'm better off going with the newer one than the older one.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-03-28 11:16 AM (#80518 - in reply to #80509)

Expert

With the present economic downturn and the rapid increase in fuel costs, you can expect many used trailers in the private sector to come into the market. Private owners are often seeking to get out from under payments, and are willing to sell at lower prices than dealers can afford. Often they will sell for what they owe, just trying to walk away free and clear.

This summer will be a buyer's market in many types of goods. You may be able to take advantage of it in your dealings.

Gard

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-03-28 3:59 PM (#80539 - in reply to #80509)

Elite Veteran

Most of the dealers seem to be selling for "market value". I've seen some For Sale By Owners that were looking for payoff on a 1-3 year old trailer that had to have almost new money because they bought it with $0 down. So just because its from an individual, don't assume its a great deal....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)