'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
best priced gooseneck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-24 1:54 PM
6 replies, 3087 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MALONE1
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 9:57 AM (#47306)
Subject: best priced gooseneck

I am looking for a used or new gooseneck. I want to know the best brand as far as price and quality. Don't want to spend over $7,000. Nothing fancy.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
nabsolute
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 11:54 AM (#47313 - in reply to #47306)
Subject: RE: best priced gooseneck

In my experiances over the last few months, for $7000 in the GN catagory....

Do you want Aluminum or Steel?

The only alumnum trailers you will find in that price range are gonna be stock trailers.  Steel is a different story.  You should be able to find an older steel 3 horse GN for around that price.  If you are going to go new, the only GN that comes close is the Trails west ADVENTURE, which is the bottom of the line new Trails West (around $10K)

Just do a search on this website for GN, and $5-10K and you will be able to get a feel for the market.

As far as price vs. bang for your buck... Everyone has an opinion on that. 

In my very humble opinion, quality vs. price... I'll give it up for Silver Star. Really well made trailer, better quality (so I hear) than sundowner, and less price. Its an east coast brand... Not many of them on the west coast. .. I would probably have one if shipping wasn't so expensive.

I have a classic now which I really REALLY like. 

All depends on what your style an preference's are

barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-08-24 12:40 PM (#47316 - in reply to #47306)

Veteran

You can find new steel trailers in that price range.  Here is just an example from looking on this site.  A bit higher than $7K but new.  Check around.  That $$ amount should put you in a nice trailer.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=90496

statzk
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 12:59 PM (#47318 - in reply to #47306)

Veteran

This one is also just a touch over $7K, but a much nicer trailer than a stock type, and it is new.  This is the trailer I am going to get w/ 7' tall option if I decide to go with a GN trailer. 

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=81933

or the same style trailer but a Titan  Avalanche II, although I have heard the S&H are cheaper in TX.  ;-)

For a stock combo slant load look at the less expensive brands new like Ponderosa or WW.  They are about $6K new for either in a 3H GN setup for a new one, and some deals can be had if you find a dealer with a "new" '05 and the '07s are now hitting the lots...

Cheers!

~Kevin

10Ha.Wood
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 1:05 PM (#47321 - in reply to #47306)

Take a look at the Titan trailers. You may be able to get a new Titan Challenger stock combo for that money. I looked at the Challenger when I could not find a reasonably priced used trailer. I ended up buying a Titan Classic I as it was not a lot more money than the Challenger and has all the upgrades I would have wanted. (Rumber lined, double wall, wider etc.) I am very happy with my trailer. This is my first trailer, so I don't have a lot of experience evaluating them. I can tell you this though; I looked at used for over a year and this was by far the best way to go. You will probably have a wider selection of both new and used to choose from in your neck of the woods. Chris
MALONE1
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 1:43 PM (#47325 - in reply to #47306)

thanks so much for your opinions, I think if I will take my time and maybe I can get the best for my money.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-08-24 1:54 PM (#47326 - in reply to #47306)

Expert

I had a trails west GN and it was a pretty decent trailer for the money. For 7K, you're not going to get much more than the trailer- shop around for older used trailers and you might get a little bit more in features.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)