'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
WHAT TIPE OF SHIRT SHOULD I WEER FOR SHOW

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-25 11:54 AM
44 replies, 13418 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-02-14 7:04 PM (#37244 - in reply to #36996)
Subject: RE: WHAT TIPE OF SHIRT SHOULD I WEER FOR SHOW

Extreme Veteran

JesseJames,

I work with 8-10 yrs olds.  First of all they do not articulate they way you do, second of all your last posting proved to all that you are not young child.  I am haphazarding a guess of either late teens or early 20s, probably a bored college student.  I gather that from the lack of maturity of thinking by typing badly formed words it would be a good laugh.  Thank you for wasting my time and everyone elses who really did want to help.  Hope you got your laugh, Happy Valentines day.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-02-14 8:08 PM (#37247 - in reply to #36996)

Extreme Veteran

I guess that the benefit of the doubt and southern hospitality just jumped out the window.

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-02-14 8:32 PM (#37248 - in reply to #36996)

Extreme Veteran

Regardless of your age, there is a lesson to be learned here.  It is called credibility.  At this point, I am not sure what your age is, but hopefully you know the definition.  If not, find a dictionary.  What you will learn on this board is that once you loose this, you will have difficulty regaining this back from members.  There were those of us, me personally, that came to defend what I thought was a child with a learning disability.  In essence, we find an individual with childish mannerisms.  I look forward to seeing how any further posts from you are handled.  I personally will no longer give you the benefit of the doubt or show any hospitality. 
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-02-15 6:12 AM (#37260 - in reply to #36996)

Expert

So what is the prize that I get for exposing this one? A Dukes of Hazzard Shirt to WEER!!
jessejames
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-15 7:12 AM (#37263 - in reply to #36996)

ok i know ur mad know. im really srry. just next time dont get mad at peoples tiping becuze there could be some kid out there who is really bad at school. and then u would make him really mad.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-02-15 8:00 AM (#37269 - in reply to #36996)

Expert

I have to chime in here- I have home schooled my son. I do not hold a degree. I am not a teacher. But he did very well at home. Lets not assume that those who choose to homeschool are not capable or qualified. If fact- most who choose to homeschool are far more concerned about the quality of education for their child than those who do not. There are PLENTY of problems within our public schools that are well documented- low test scores,violence,lack of attendence,teachers not certified in subject area,etc etc. We have NO IDEA who this jesse kid/adult is. We have no idea why his/her spelling is so bad but its not that unusual- most PS kids can't spell either ( just go to any kids chat room- they spell pretty much ole Jesse) Most people think homeschooled kids are excluded from "social" activities when in fact, they are not- there are church groups and non school sporting events. Homeschooling is growing by leaps and bounds as parents are not happy with public schools. In some cases, there are not options such as private schools. Homeschooling is a VALID option for parents even if they don't have a degree. There are plenty of kids with indifferent parents attending public schools,kids barely getting by, being promoted to the next grade without learning much of anything. Yet we cast the net of educational neglect on homeschoolers!
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-15 9:28 AM (#37276 - in reply to #36996)

Expert

Farmbabe, if your child needed speech therapy what would you do?

Most home school kids are taken from school by a parent that can't deal with the fact that their child isn't developmentally normal and needs "special services" like some special education course.  I have sen this more than parents bringing their child into school to get the help they need.

College brings on a whole new set of problems for the home schooled child.  Large class sizes and lack of guidance usually land these students back at home feeling like they were feed to a pack of wolves.  While socially they may survive they usually don't thrive like public school kids.  Home schooled children score lower on major tests that indicate college success.  Whether this is from the lack of "high stakes testing" or preparation is another subject unto itself.

In large Texas colleges you’ll find a higher % of home school in remediation than public and private school children.  I am comparing the % of non-credit enrollees to their % of total enrollment, in respective categories.   While home school children do get into college they are usually stopped on or before their 9th credit hour due to failure to pass the college entrance exam TASP, now called TSI.  I have seen this last for MANY semesters while public school children continue their educational sequence on average much sooner.

Edited by huntseat 2006-02-15 9:29 AM
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-02-15 10:05 AM (#37281 - in reply to #36996)

Expert

If you want to get into a debate about homeschooling, I can do that easily. If you want to debate the failure of the public school system, Ok I can do that too. Both subjects are, of course, off topic. We have no idea who this Jesse kid is or isn't. We don't know anything except what is posted on a message board yet you make this HUGE leap to the evils of homeschooling. Silly.............
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-02-15 12:45 PM (#37301 - in reply to #37260)

Extreme Veteran

[QUOTE]Originally written by HWBar on 2006-02-15 6:12 AM

So what is the prize that I get for exposing this one? A Dukes of Hazzard Shirt to WEER!!

I certainly got "Duked" on this one as well.  Oh, well, you try to stand up for someone and look what you get!!

my3horses
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-02-15 4:27 PM (#37325 - in reply to #36996)

Veteran

Hey jesse james, since you have come clean about acting stupid try actually typing like you aren't studid. You still show little understanding of sentence mechanics and grammar.
jessejames
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-15 7:04 PM (#37331 - in reply to #37325)

Originally written by my3horses on 2006-02-15 4:27 PM

Hey jesse james, since you have come clean about acting stupid try actually typing like you aren't studid. You still show little understanding of sentence mechanics and grammar.

ty for the complement my3horses i really apreshate  it. thanks again

Beth
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-02-15 9:30 PM (#37337 - in reply to #36996)

Veteran

The biggest clue that I noticed from all of this was that the prankster's misspellings were too obvious in the text.......but he didn't have any problem spelling "jessejames".

I doubt he/she is telling the truth even now.

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-16 7:19 AM (#37342 - in reply to #37337)

Expert

The clues for me were the questions he asked. Give me a break!
jessejames
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-16 10:54 AM (#37352 - in reply to #36996)

I'm really really sorry plz forgive me.

thanks to all of the people that forgave me. :)

huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-21 1:39 PM (#37631 - in reply to #36996)

Expert

What a sad little girl.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-22 8:26 AM (#37667 - in reply to #36996)

Extreme Veteran

I keep wondering why everyone is still responding to this "JesseJames" person/kid.

Why keep fueling the fire with this one?

lively
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-02-23 4:13 AM (#37705 - in reply to #36996)

Regular

Wow I am gone for a short while and hehe i have to say this is the first time i have ever seen the like on this particualr forum..hehe. Jesse I have no clue about whether or not you are just unable to spell or just pretending. However I have to say that my husband when typing on a forum or anything else checks and rechecks what he has wrote. Simple reason being that he has a very difficult time spelling. WHen i first met him even some of the shortest words like where were a problem for him. He is dyslexic(sp?)  and no one ever really helped him with it. (yes public schools).  He managed to graduate HS and all then he was NOT able to go to college because most 12 year olds could spell better than he. SO please to pretend is rather insulting to those who have a viable learning disability. He has since gotten much better at his spelling courtesy of simple games and such. Please if this is just a joke to you consider that sometimes people really cannot spell correctly. Although i must say the obviosuness og the misspellings you had were just that too obvious. My 5 year old is not that obvious when he types. Well god day and please do grow up.

jessejames
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-24 11:20 AM (#37755 - in reply to #36996)

buy the way im pretty bad at spelling but im getting better at we checking and checking :) hopefully one of these days ill be good at it.
Concrete
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-02-25 9:55 AM (#37799 - in reply to #37276)

Originally written by huntseat on 2006-02-15 9:28 AM

Farmbabe, if your child needed speech therapy what would you do?

Most home school kids are taken from school by a parent that can't deal with the fact that their child isn't developmentally normal and needs "special services" like some special education course.  I have sen this more than parents bringing their child into school to get the help they need.

College brings on a whole new set of problems for the home schooled child.  Large class sizes and lack of guidance usually land these students back at home feeling like they were feed to a pack of wolves.  While socially they may survive they usually don't thrive like public school kids.  Home schooled children score lower on major tests that indicate college success.  Whether this is from the lack of "high stakes testing" or preparation is another subject unto itself.

In large Texas colleges you’ll find a higher % of home school in remediation than public and private school children.  I am comparing the % of non-credit enrollees to their % of total enrollment, in respective categories.   While home school children do get into college they are usually stopped on or before their 9th credit hour due to failure to pass the college entrance exam TASP, now called TSI.  I have seen this last for MANY semesters while public school children continue their educational sequence on average much sooner.

Well Huntseat now I'm gonna jump in. You my friend just don't know what your talking about.

Just for your Information home schooled children score much higher on average on "major tests that indicate college success" than do public school children. This would be the SAT and ACT testing. Most but not all home schooled children that go on to college do better than public schooled kids. I can't speek for Texas but in most states, colleges and Universities will try very hard to recruit home schooled children because of this fact.

Home schoolers also have local, state, and national organizations to help with special needs, books, lesson plans, legal help and much more. So if Farmbabe's child needs speech therapy she will be able to find help. As a matter of fact it may be better than she may find in the public schools. Plus she may also be able to get the special help from her local public school. You know she is a tax payer.

Today our public schools are in poor shape because of things like teachers Unions, schools board and politicians that think they know better than parents. They also think that more and more money will take care of the problems.  

What my challenge to you huntseat is this. Do a google search on "home school" Spend the next few months educating yourself about the TRUE facts about home schooling then get back to me. Please try not to be closed minded about this, just seek the truth about home schooling. The facts are all out there.

horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-02-25 11:54 AM (#37802 - in reply to #36996)

Extreme Veteran

I agree with MIFarmbabe.  If JesseJames bothers people, why do they feed the fire? 

I can say these forums are informative but also entertaining on how some people react.

I don't think it's that JesseJames can't spell, I think the person is just pushing people's buttons because they can and having fun with it.

I think the names says it all "Outlaw" and they will continue to be a rebel.  We all have choices to click or not to click....  : - )

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)