'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Katrina, it will be a long time!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-07 6:54 PM
11 replies, 4385 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lewis Trailers
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-09-01 3:33 AM (#29858)
Subject: Katrina, it will be a long time!

New User

I am posting this so that friends and customers can hear from us.  Lewis Trailer Sales took a hit at its Gulfport and Slidell stores.  It will take weeks if not months before we get power back.  No phone service (land line or cell) is available in Slidell or Gulfport,  All of our family, barns and horses are safe.  No major damage was received to the barns. If any one needs to get with us they can call the Jackson ( Terry, MS) store at 888-568-0025 or 601-878-0025.  All trailer service work needs be done in Jackson at this time.   We are Open for business in Jackson and Gulfport.  Trailers are available and SLIGHTLY damaged ones will be reduced and sold AS IS!!

Thank You and God Bless us ALL!

Jay Lewis

Lewis Trailer Sales

share Top of the page Bottom of the page

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2005-09-01 7:29 AM (#29860 - in reply to #29858)
Subject: RE: Katrina, it will be a long time!

Jay, I am very glad you and your family are OK. I wish yall the best in all ways. If I can help in any manner at all, please call me. Good luck, and our prayers are with yall. DON SMITH
Trailer Chic
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-09-01 8:18 AM (#29861 - in reply to #29858)

Jay~

Glad to hear you and your family are okay.   I was worried about ya'll and I emailed Sundowner yesterday and they said they had talked to Bob and despite all the damage at the store, you were all safe.   Let us know if you need anything.

Amber Fabin

Grand Champion Trailer Sales

Mr. Trailer
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-01 10:29 AM (#29864 - in reply to #29858)

We're thinking about ya'll as well Jay.

Sincerely glad that you and yours are safe and I hope that things get back to normal very soon.

Lonny

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-09-01 10:48 AM (#29865 - in reply to #29858)

Veteran

hello Jay glad all yall are ok if we can help let us know
Rick Stewart
Trailer Boss inc
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-01 11:08 AM (#29867 - in reply to #29858)

Elite Veteran

From every one here at Select trailers we would like to extend our prayers out to your family and employees. I actually got through to your dad this morning and he gave me an update. Do not hesitate to call for any help.

Justin Davis- Silver Lite
Richard Smith- Select Trailers
Diamond D Shane
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-09-01 11:11 AM (#29869 - in reply to #29858)

Glad you guys are doing okay! we too wondered if you were okay. same goes for us if you guys need anything at all let us know. Shane McKeel, Sales Manager Diamond D Trailer Sales Jacksonville,Florida 904-289-7710
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-02 10:45 AM (#29919 - in reply to #29858)

Expert

Anyone else here been approached to take draft horses down there to do the work that the motor vehicles can't ?
and/or help bring rescued horses out ?

I might do both, assuming the call I got was genuine.
Lewis Trailers
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-09-02 10:35 PM (#29937 - in reply to #29858)

New User

Update on the clean up:

Gas and diesel prices are getting out of hand down here.  Availability for both is scarce in Mississippi and almost none existing in southern LA.  I have ended up driving 1 1/2 hours every other day from Jackson, MS to Monroe, LA to fill up gas and diesel tanks.  Supplies at the Wal-mart and Home Depot seem to have finally caught up around the Jackson area.  I bring the supplies and gas to Slidell every other day (3 hour drive).  I have 150-200 trees down just on our property in Slidell.  Driving over down power lines is the norm.  Everyone is carrying firearms to protect themselves.  Luckily the crime and looting does not seem to be out of control in Slidell.

As for using horses for clean up, I have never heard of anything like that.  Where is this going to take place?  Definitely not in New Orleans!  Where are the horses starving?  Most feed stores have feed and only a handful of horse areas are affected by the storm.  Water is the biggest problem right now.  I have a feed store and have remained open to my customers through out this week.  Plenty of feed available.  We have gone and rescued some horses through the week for people who cannot get back to take care of their horses in our area.  Still have 15 stalls open and can have more when we get some skylights back in the barn.

I would also like to thank all the dealers, salespeople, manufactures and friends for their support and offers during this week.  It shows that no matter how fierce competitors we are, taking care of each other is always first priority.

Thanks,

Jay lewis

bravefan
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-06 10:40 AM (#29979 - in reply to #29858)

New User

Jay--

I boarded with ya'll about 10 years ago.  I am happy to know that you and your family are all right and that the horses are being taken care of as well.  Please let me know if you need anything--cookk@doacs.state.fl.us

gcox
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-06 8:33 PM (#29993 - in reply to #29937)

New User

Jay,

Glad to hear everyone is O.K., If there is anything that I can do, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll touch base with you tomorrow by phone.

Gary Cox

krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-07 6:54 PM (#30033 - in reply to #29993)

Elite Veteran

I am glad to hear you and your family are fine. A doctor in Slidell made our news over here on the west coast. He has stayed behind at the hospital he works to take in and care for peoples pets that the owners were forced to leave behind. It was so heart wrenching to see a young boy crying hysterically because he had to leave his puppy behind to fend for himself on the streets. That little boy had been thru enough, as has everyone else. Some people just have their pets left, and they were forced to leave them behind. Granted, I know people need to be rescued first, but dumping these pets on the street is not acceptable IMO. Believe me, if I had the money or lived closer, I would be there in a heartbeat doing whatever I could. Our metro area here (in Oregon) is taking in 2000 survivors and we are looking for more places to house more. Our unemployment department has even set up computers in these places and are going to help them find jobs. Like most people feel, our government should have stepped in BEFORE Katrina hit to help these people. Even tho I am so far away, I am trying to do whatever I can to help out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)