'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer vs trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-02 4:53 PM
7 replies, 3886 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

thc4horsn
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-31 9:58 AM (#28729)
Subject: trailer vs trailer

New User

I HAVE A QUESTION WHAT DO YOU ALL FEEL IS THE BEST TRAILER FOR THE MONEY ALUM TRAILERS ONLY
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-31 10:47 AM (#28730 - in reply to #28729)
Subject: RE: trailer vs trailer

Extreme Veteran

Brand A-Z =The trailer that best suits you and your horse's needs and what best fits in your budget.

thc4horsn
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-31 11:09 AM (#28732 - in reply to #28730)

New User

WELL TO BE HONEST I HAVE A 1995 JAMCO STOCK COMBO 4 HORSE SLANT A FANTASTIC TRAILER BUT IT IS 8 WIDE I CAN NOT SEE AROUND IT SO I HAVE STOPPED PULLING IT  I WANT TO SELL MINE I KNOW WHAT I HAVE BUT AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE OTHERS I AM REALLY LOST HEAR WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME IMPUT I AM NOT PLUGGIN FOR ANY CERTAIN TRAILER JUST ONE I CAN KEEP FOREVER
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-31 11:53 AM (#28733 - in reply to #28729)

Expert

C&C  Not as big of a name as it's top notch competitors, 4-star and Elite, but every bit as good.  They are a bit harder to find.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-07-31 2:07 PM (#28736 - in reply to #28729)

Expert

Your needs will dictate what is right for you. Short hauls to the local fairground are different that 10 hour drives to another state. All pavement or long washboard dirt roads. Hauling two horses or four. Do you sleep in your trailer or just haul horses. I really like the Classic Trailer - Monarch model. In a 3 horse gooseneck with a Mid tack. They are hard to find as they only have 10 dealers. Entirely in the west. They are built up near Boise ID. Some of the reasons I liked it are: Light weight and no rust. Partition panels would collapse and fold up tight to head wall. Then I could easily fit 4 horses. Horse compartment was big enough I could easily turn a horse around and walk out forward. Horse compartment walls lined with 3/8" rumber and 2x6" rumber floor. Dividers were padded, Never got a white horse out with grey Aluminum on his hip or side. Lots of lights, in stalls, load lights on back of trailer, in mid tack and dressing room, plus out side all doors. Big windows all around. Drop down on head side and Bus type sliders on butt and rear end doors. Trailer was fully insulated. Dressing room & Mid tack were fully carpeted One piece fiberglass roof for entire top of roof. It was a sandwich type of roof. Fiberglass on top, insulation in middle, Inside was aluminum roof. Never had a leak. One key to Dressing room and mid tack. Both sealed off from horse compartment. I could sleep up front and not smell sweaty tack or horse manure. I used this trailer A LOT for 5 years. I dragged it to endurance races every other weekend somewhere. Pack trips into the mountains all summer and Deer & Elk hunting all fall. All of these down some terrible forest service roads. Often with horses tied to the trailer when ever they weren't being ridden. The trailer has great clearance and is not too long to be hauled down bad roads. In addition many trips to local fairgrounds for 4H, local rides for conditioning etc. In 5 years I replaced a couple of marker lights, the battery, and new tires. It held up very well. I now have 3 teenage daughters who I am trying to keep interested in camping with me, so I bought a new trailer with a weekender package in the front.
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-07-31 8:23 PM (#28741 - in reply to #28729)

Extreme Veteran

I have a Silver Star.  Very well made trailer - big bang for the buck.
Snickers
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-07-31 9:38 PM (#28742 - in reply to #28729)

Veteran

You have the Jamco and like it except it's too wide, why not get one that is not so wide. If your's has living quarters don't think you will be happy with anything less than 7 1/2 ft. wide. What about the mirror setup on your truck is that causing the problem that you cannot "see around " the trailer. I think most trailers now all pretty much have 102 inch axles so if that causing you a problem that might be hard to solve.  
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-02 4:53 PM (#28787 - in reply to #28732)

Expert

Originally written by thc4horsn on 2005-07-31 11:09 AM

WELL TO BE HONEST I HAVE A 1995 JAMCO STOCK COMBO 4 HORSE SLANT A FANTASTIC TRAILER BUT IT IS 8 WIDE I CAN NOT SEE AROUND IT SO I HAVE STOPPED PULLING IT I WANT TO SELL MINE I KNOW WHAT I HAVE BUT AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE OTHERS I AM REALLY LOST HEAR WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME IMPUT I AM NOT PLUGGIN FOR ANY CERTAIN TRAILER JUST ONE I CAN KEEP FOREVER

I guess I don't understand why you would want to "see around it".
As long as I can "see down each side of" my trailer, that is all I need, even that is probably more than I really "NEED". The only times I really have to see anything much back there is when I'm about to be passed and when I'm backing up. If my trailer was another 6 inches wider (3 on each side) I would still be able to see where the wheels go when I back up as soon as there is a slight angle between the truck and trailer center lines.
That is mainly what I watch, where the trailer's wheels go.
BTW, I do have the powervision extending mirrors, nice but not essential. Adding those to a truck would probably be more cost effective than trading to a narrower trailer and losing the space.

B'sides, you have a JAMCO - there is nowhere to upgrade to (-:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)