'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Finally getting back at that LQ!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-08 10:43 AM
0 replies, 2566 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-08-08 10:43 AM (#28962)
Subject: Finally getting back at that LQ!

Extreme Veteran

Well I finally got back into working on my trailer (LQ). I had a long weekend so I got the insulation finished including the low wall. I have the nose storage framed and almost complete and the goose neck paneled...Woo hoo.

I'd love to get some pictures up but my $#%^*(#^$% camera isn't working... not impressed!  Hopefully it is nothing big and will be fixed soon.

I did run into e small problem on the low wall (at the goose neck). I have planned on securing 2 nailing strips with construction adhesive and screws at two points into the Jack brace and spare tire brace - so I didn't have to puncture the skin. However the alum sheet on that wall is wavy because of the lack of support - only a cosmetic problem, but it wouldn't allow me to secure a nailer strip in the center. The over 3 ft span from the top strip to the bottom would be too far of a space to the panelling so I had to come up with something else. What I decided on was to fill the gap with the insulation, stay with only the top and bottom strips and cover the entire area with a 1/2 inch sheet of OSB. That will get a lot of abuse climbing in and out of the bed so this way I will not have to worry about rigidity. I'll secure the panelling over the OSB on the show areas and just leave the OSB inside the cabinets/storage areas.

For the nose storage area I had some 1x3 and 1x4 Mahogany from a dismantled tack box (long story but the wood was free :D ). I'd been trying to find use for the stuff, and now it is the facing and soon to be door of the nose storage... fancy ehhh!

Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)