'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Info on tank installation?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-01 9:11 PM
1 replies, 3227 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

karenb
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-05-01 2:43 PM (#24555)
Subject: Info on tank installation?

Regular

Hello All,

Can anyone point me toward a website or other source of information on how to install tanks (fresh and grey), pumps, etc. for LQ conversion plumbing?

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-05-01 9:11 PM (#24564 - in reply to #24555)
Subject: RE: Info on tank installation?

Veteran

This webpage phrannie.org has some good information on rv type issues. These are written by some rv "boondockers" and is some pretty practical information. One other idea is to go to a large horse show like the quarter horse congress and/or a dealer where there are a lot of trailers with finished lqs and look under them for ideas on how they are mounted. If you search the web, you can find a lot of different tanks of all shapes an sizes to fit into just about any trailer. The most important issue is to get a tank that will not be so low that it always drags the ground, that is a mess. Also you want to mount them close to the axles because that is the area least likely to drag. I drilled the flanges on mine and used self drilling/tapping screws to mount them, then ran a couple of metal straps under for good measure. I purchased tanks that fit between the existing floor braces on my sooner. I bought my tanks at rvsurplussalvage.com. Marty.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)