'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Logan Edge with vortex lined walls and frame...is this a good thing?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-05-07 4:17 PM
2 replies, 1813 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

g-dog
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2019-05-05 7:13 PM (#172363)
Subject: Logan Edge with vortex lined walls and frame...is this a good thing?

Any opinions or reviews on the Logan Edge and there Vortex lining? Considering buying one but not sure of the interior walls lined with this material instead of rubber mats. And how do they compare to Trails West Sierra or Classic? Are they built about the same? Also the wooden floor has Vortex on the surface but not the underneath side...love the trailer but our horse likes to paw and don't want dents head side or butt side. Also the Vortex could lift from the wood and be rotting out? Could wall matts be successsfully added over the Vortex? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by g-dog 2019-05-05 7:34 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
akinstrailers
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2019-05-07 10:54 AM (#172367 - in reply to #172363)
Subject: RE: Logan Edge with vortex lined walls and frame...is this a good thing?

Veteran

Logan has been using the Vortex spray for over 10 years and it holds up very well and is easy to repair if need be.  No, Trails West and Logan are not built similarly.  There are many differences for instance Logan uses a galvanized frame vs steel for Trails West.  Their process for adhering the skins is very different as well.  The Edge is a triple wall construction so your horse would really have to be kicking in order to show dents on the exterior.  If he paws and/or kicks it is easy to install mats on the wall which would help prevent injuries from kicking the metal backer plate.  Thad   
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2019-05-07 4:17 PM (#172368 - in reply to #172363)
Subject: RE: Logan Edge with vortex lined walls and frame...is this a good thing?

Expert

I have a 2006 Logan XTR.  ( Steel Frame with Aluminum Skin)
It has the spray on Vortex wall and floors.  I love it. It has held up very well for me, and I use it a lot, year round.
Mine is the Whiz Proof floor.  Aluminum planks with 1/4" spacing sprayed with Vortex and then I have rubber mats. 
The rubber mats protect the floor from horseshoes and nails. The Vortex protects the aluminum so it doesn't corrode. Any urine that gets under the mats drains out the gaps between planks. 

I've replaced a fender from a tire blowing out damaging it. a few wires have needed to be fixed.  Most of the switches that turn on/off lights have needed to be replaced.  Dust/Water have caused them to fail. But other than that the trailer has held up very well to a lot of hard use,  Miles and Miles and washboard Forest Service and BLM dirt roads, Salted roads in the winter and bug splatters in the summer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)