'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
windows leaking-what are my options

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-12-29 6:37 AM
2 replies, 2809 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rc_rosealetta
Reg. Dec 2018
Posted 2018-12-28 8:17 AM (#172102)
Subject: windows leaking-what are my options

New User

Howdy y'all.

I have a '98 4 Star 2 Horse GN trailer. Just in the past year I have noticed the window gaskets shrinking and pulling away. I contacted 4 star and they said that I would have to replace the windows as they do not make those gaskets any longer (older trailer). At the point I noticed the shrinking, they were still effective and not leaking. I just happened to go into my dressing room the other day during a rain storm and noticed there is water coming in through the bottom of the window frame. The GN area carpeting was SOAKED. I've cleaned the weep holes and re-adjusted the gasket as best I could, but now there's a serious problem. I have mildew growing on everything and the integrity of the windows is now compromised as they're still leaking. Anyone ever replaced the gaskets without have OE parts to use? Am I stuck replacing the entire windows ($$$)? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Amy
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
DLR
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2018-12-29 3:53 AM (#172106 - in reply to #172102)
Subject: RE: windows leaking-what are my options

Veteran

I believe 4-Star windows are held in with small screws.  I was able to loosen the screws and push the gasket back to the original position.  It has not leaked for past several years.  If that does not work, my neighbor manages an auto glass business and he claims they can replace the gasket (??).
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-29 6:37 AM (#172108 - in reply to #172102)
Subject: RE: windows leaking-what are my options

Expert

I resealed the windows of my Sundowner 10 years ago. The window frames were held in by screws from the inside. Removing the screws, allowed the separation of the inside and outer frames.
Cleaned the frames and trailer side of old gaskets and dirt. Then laid closed cell foam sealing tape on the outer frame flange. Reinstalled the frames, and used silicon RTV to fill the gap between the trailer and frame.

No leaking still …

Any sealing goop without removing the frames is just trying to cover up a problem.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)