'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Does anyone have experience with quality hay bags for picket lines?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-10-30 6:56 PM
1 replies, 3618 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tripcharge
Reg. Oct 2017
Posted 2017-10-04 5:40 PM (#170734)
Subject: Does anyone have experience with quality hay bags for picket lines?

New User

I currently have a nylon hay bags 20x 30 x6", loosing a lot of hay. Need to fasten to line with a snap so the bag doesn't move along the picket line, either closer or away from where the bag is originally set. Needing a slow feeder, not destroyed by tearing and a quick set-up tot he line. Does anyone have a "showman nylon bag with the nylon hole net"?
Also, have been using the web reflective collars with neoprene sewn around the inside. I cannot brag enough on these collars. Used for picket, tethering, nibble dropped hay, wash racks, ride during the day and night and visible at night. If a horse gets loose at camp, they can be caught. Awesome!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gliderider
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2017-10-30 6:56 PM (#170779 - in reply to #170734)
Subject: RE: Does anyone have experience with quality hay bags for picket lines?

Veteran

I agree collars are the best. I don't beleave how many people I see still using haulters on high lines.   I sewed my own slow feeder to a hay bag with a 8"  round hole 8" was to big I took the top off a plastic grain bag and crossed the hole twice.   The bag  had a hay bag with a shelf like bag on the bottom, I immeadiatly took out the stiff round things that were supposed to keep the catch shelf open but it still catches some of the hay. When conditions require a hay bag I tie it to  the pole my mare is really calm but I haven't found a bag yet that works all night without her getting wrapped around it.  I preferr to use the ground. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)