'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
White streak appeared in hoof

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-03-11 5:18 PM
3 replies, 4370 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2013-03-01 9:14 AM (#150272)
Subject: White streak appeared in hoof

Extreme Veteran

Hi All,

I have a sixteen year old gelding that's always had black feet and all of a sudden he now has a big wide streak of white in the center of his hoof from the hair line to toe shaped in a V.  It's on a back foot and he's not lame or anything but I've never seen anything like this before.

I've sent a picture to my shoer, vet and couple experienced horse people and the shoer doesn't know why and is looking into it and I haven't heard back from my vet yet.

Has anyone seen this before? 

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2013-03-01 1:42 PM (#150281 - in reply to #150272)
Subject: RE: White streak appeared in hoof

Elite Veteran

I can't help you but I hope you post the results. I would be interested to hear what you fing out. Thanks
sabertorque
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2013-03-11 4:31 AM (#150502 - in reply to #150272)

New User

hi all.and what's the update of this post. looks like the last info was way back 2011. hoping at least a photo's or picture will be post or attach in here too.buy soundcloud downloads
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2013-03-11 5:18 PM (#150522 - in reply to #150272)

Extreme Veteran

I posted this just recently in 2013.  Don't have any updates and maybe I can figure out how to post a picture if I could send it from my phone.  My smart phone is smarter than me...

I recently went to the Illinois Horse Fair and I've showed five different farriers the picture off of my phone and only one has ever seen this.  The person that seen it before said it was the opposite to what she had seen and that the hoof was white and ended up with a black streak.  She said it's just a freak of nature.

I showed my vet and I don't think he believed it happened so quick because he said it takes a year to grow a new hoof.   I told him I'm sure my farrier could tell you a month previous the hoof was all black when he trimmed it.  He's not lame and there's no white hair in the cornet band area nor is there any ridging in the hoof.  The vet thinks he possibly may have injured it but mentioned if he did, it'd show on the growth of the hoof and maybe the white area would spread to be wider but it hasn't changed from the orginal changing of color.  Just weird.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)