'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Leak in dressing room

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-08-23 6:39 PM
1 replies, 2376 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

birdsong10us
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2011-08-23 4:09 PM (#136913)
Subject: Leak in dressing room

I have a nice 03 4-Star with a sizable finished dressing room ...wall ceiling and floors but no cabinets. Winter is our riding season with hot wet summers. I recently began to clean and reorganize for the upcoming season only to find the floor wet. It is aluminum with a visqueen plastic overlay topped with thin luan plywood board and sticky backed vinyl strip flooring.It was mostly black and molded around the edges. I ripped it all out (yuck) and found where there must have been a prior subfloor installed as there were probably 20 small open screw holes. Do you think that was enough to allow water to seep inside? I had recently driven the trailer and had to go through some deep water. This must have been an ongoing issue though for some of the wood to have actually rotted. Have inspected and found NO other areas of possible entry. Used a water hose and nothing leaked...now waiting on another hard rain. Thoughts???
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
birdsong10us
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2011-08-23 6:39 PM (#136918 - in reply to #136913)
Subject: RE: Leak in dressing room

OK...forget all of that! Had a hard rain and found water coming down behind wallboard. Sure didn't want to pull THAT out! Might be coming in at air conditioner. Amazing how a small thing can become such a huge project!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)