'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New Trailer Choices

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-27 1:28 AM
5 replies, 4166 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

woodrow
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-02 12:25 PM (#118377)
Subject: New Trailer Choices

I am shopping for a new, fully-enclosed 2H bumper pull and have looked at Logan Coach, Royal T and Featherlite. I only use my trailer to haul my horses to the vet, nearby trailheads/camp sites and local lessons; no long hauls. I like the quality and construction of the Logan the best, but I haven't had actual hauling experience with any of these. Would love opinions please... ( I had never heard of Royal T before ) Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Safet
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2010-04-02 1:01 PM (#118380 - in reply to #118377)
Subject: RE: New Trailer Choices

Veteran

I can only comment on Logan Coach - the old ones - We have a 1989 steel enclosed two horse bumper pull with ramp, padded divider, rubber mats, rubber on the walls, under head area tack with slide out saddle racks, etc.  I love that trailer!  Also, the horses never have a problem loading in it - no resistance, so it must ride well for them.  I liked the construction, too.  Some trailers now a-days seem to be a lot "lighter," and maybe not in a good way, but I'm not a trailer expert, just a regular type user.

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-04-02 8:15 PM (#118388 - in reply to #118377)

Expert

I have a 2006 Logan GN and it has worked out well for me.  In fact I just called this week for a new window latch. I called on Wednesday and had the part on Thursday.

Royal T is from up in the Boise area.  The parent company has been making large trailers for years. The son has ventured out into the horsetrailer business. He has lots of experience in Big Truck trailers. So we will see how well he builds horse trailers.  The trailers I've seen at the local horse expo, look a lot like the Classic Trailers or Circle J trailers that were also made up in the Boise area. I think there trailers will be a good basic dependable trailer.  You won't find 8' wide or 7'6" tall or LQ etc. But as far as servicable solid trailers. That seems to be their target market.

woodrow
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-02 9:07 PM (#118389 - in reply to #118377)

Thanks, Painted Horse. Your info on Royal T was interesting!
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-04-06 1:26 AM (#118490 - in reply to #118377)

Elite Veteran

I think Royal T has fiberglass roofs too right? I have a Monarch Classic trailer. I think the Royal T is a knock-off of "Classic". I will say that I absolutely love the fiberglass roof. I have had 3 trailers now and the one I have now is the coolest ever in the summer heat. Makes a HUGE difference if you have to leave horses in trailer for a while or get caught up in heavy bumper to bumper traffic. If it is anything like my "Classic", it will be triple walled (insulated) which is huge. I can leave my tack in my trailer all year( winter ) long and it never gets mildew. I will get on their web-site and look to see what they have that is the same as "Classic". If they are anything like "Classic". It will be a really nice trailer. I do wish though that I had gone with the taller option of 7'6" which was an option for me. That is another thing, If I were you, I would go with a 7'6" tall even if you don't think you need it. The re-sale value on the taller trailer is huge.

I do like the Logan trailers too. I love the room that they have

compadrre
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-27 1:28 AM (#127488 - in reply to #118377)

New User

royal t trailers are made in the about the same place as classic trailers and one other company i forget the name. the guy who started this company about 3 years ago is the son of a man who has been making trailers for semis for 20 years if you go to the royal t website and click about us he says hes been in the business for 20 years, WRONG 3 years for making horse trailers. from word of mouth at horse shows and trailer expos i learned that he took the best qualities of the two companies and basically copied they're two designs which is why they look so much like classic trailers. they are very well made they are all aluminum with a wood floor and a fiberglass roof. i am hopefully about to purchase a four horse competitor gooseneck i have done some research and am very pleased with what i have read and seen. the only thing i dont like is that the guy lies on his website. but that is it :)
hope i helped goodluck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)