'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Overhead Light Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-25 3:44 PM
2 replies, 2679 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rose66
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2009-03-23 8:23 PM (#101975)
Subject: Overhead Light Question

Veteran

I've got a 4 foot short wall and I'm wondering how big of a light fixture (how many watts?) do I need for the ceiling light? Would one 22Watt T9 florescent bulb be bright enough? I don't want it to be dim in the area but by no means do I want to have to wear sunglasses when I'm in there either. LOL I will also have two wall sconces in the nose of the gooseneck that I'll turn on when I'm in the sleeping area so the overhead light will just be for the standing up area of the LQ. Thanks!

Edited by Rose66 2009-03-23 8:25 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2009-03-25 1:55 PM (#102072 - in reply to #101975)
Subject: RE: Overhead Light Question

Extreme Veteran

I have a little light that I think is only 40W over the entry door. It works fine and isn't blinding. You were smart to have the sconces. I tried to save money and got one light over the center of my sleeping area, so any time I read, the book is facing away from the light. I can sit up and read but that gets chilly!
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-03-25 3:44 PM (#102081 - in reply to #101975)
Subject: RE: Overhead Light Question

Expert

We have a 4' weekender by Sierra.

In the front overhead bunk area, are two can type reading lights with individual wall mounted switches. In the central part of the overhead bunk area, just ahead of the vent/exit is a flush mounted double light fixture.

On the overhead of the entry area in line with the galley/refig is a duplicate double light fixture. This is mounted just ahead of the A/C unit. Both of these lights can be operated by wall switches, mounted just inside the entry door or individually at each fixture.

Over the sink, mounted under the microwave cabinet, is a single light fixture with its own switch. In the bathroom is a combination vent fan and light assembly, whose functions are controlled by wall switches.

I don't know the wattage of each light. I assume they use the standard 1141 bulbs, although I can't verify that, since we've never had to change any. The lighting is adequate for the space, and easy to access.

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)