'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
bermuda hay

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-17 12:43 AM
26 replies, 6980 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2009-03-14 6:41 AM (#101340 - in reply to #101089)
Subject: RE: bermuda hay

Expert

I hear of more wells drying up here.I have a rented pasture that HAD a fast flowing spring on it.Was told in the worst droughts of the 80s it NEVER dried up.Well about three months ago it got smaller and smaller and turned into a wet spot in a hoof print.Was lucky as in having a retired couple living next door to it that offered to keep a stock tank full for me as they enjoyed the mares I have there. I did express concern over THEIR water  as they are on a well.But they insisted.I have four mares in that 20 acres.And by the way we have a WEB site.Its new and not completed.Some of the info and photos that has been put on it needs revision and will be changed around but its up and running.    The walking horse sire of two of Spoolers horses a mare and gelding he has  is on it as well as JF Rodeo Roan  my Driftwood/Freckels stallion. You can also see the type of grass we have in these parts in times of RAIN. http://www.signalfireranch.com/

Edited by hounddog 2009-03-14 8:12 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2009-03-17 12:43 AM (#101538 - in reply to #101140)
Subject: RE: bermuda hay

Extreme Veteran

hi bbsmfg3 -  in response to your question, yes I am sure he is allergic to Timothy and to Orchard Grass and to alfalfa pollen :)  The test results from the bloodwork done at the lab are in my hand.  My vet strongly urged me to start him on desentization shots which I have, and I hope for some positive results. 

My first question would be, are you sure the horse is allergic to the hay, or could it be the dust and/or pollen in the hay? Your the first case I've ever heard of that was allergic to timothy. Many times a horse will be allergic to the dust generated from certain soils that the hay is grown in. Also, if the hay is not cured right before baling, you can have lots of problems, especially if it is baled too dry.
-----

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)