'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Stallion Coach/Lakota Trailers holding tanks

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-10 3:21 AM
10 replies, 15700 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-06-20 12:21 AM (#86032)
Subject: Stallion Coach/Lakota Trailers holding tanks

Veteran

My wife and I bought a new 2007 Lakota 4 horse with a 10 foot LQ done by Stallion Coach at Quarter Horse Congress last year from Tom Raper RV.  We had the trailer winterized and parked it for the winter.

This is our first RV so we took it for a test run, just camping, to see if everything worked and find out exactly what we need to take with us when we go out for real.  The trailer did fine except one small issue, the holding tanks fill up fast. 

I called Lakota, told them it was a Stallion conversion but just wanted to know how much the tanks should hold.  Lakota gets right back to me and says each tank should hold 33 gallons, 33 gallons for the gray and 33 gallons for the black.  Well, I got a three gallon bucket and started dumping water in the shower.  After my 5th bucket or 15 gallons, water was standing in the shower.

I called Lakota with this information but because they did not install the LQ they sent me to Stallion.  After several calls to Stallion I cornered someone and got a few answers.  I have 33 gallon tanks and I have no idea what I am talking about.  After getting no place with them I called Lakota back, their advice is to call Tom Raper to get the trailer check and see what is wrong. 

We load up for a road trip to Richmond, IN from just east of Columbus, Ohio.

We arrive at Raper RV service for the scheduled appointment, they have all my info and trailer specs right there in front of them, I have 33 gallon holding tanks so they say.  They start in with a 5 gallon bucket and have the shower filled in just 3 buckets and come to the same conclusion that I came to a few weeks ago, we have 15 gallon tanks.

Raper calls Lakota and Stallion, Lakota is helpful but cannot authorize repairs but tries to get in contact with Stallion.  The fine people at Stallion duck out so they don’t have to take our calls.

About this time I see that Raper has 3 other Lakota’s with Stallion Coach Interiors.  The service foreman and I take his bucket, put water in the water tank in my truck and grab a towel out of our trailer and head over to check their trailers.  The have 3 new trailers with 15 gallon holding tanks.  It is now around 1630 or 4:30pm and Stallion is no where to be found.  Make a call to Lakota and they are unable to get them to answer either.  Vickie at Lakota promises to try as soon as she gets in and the morning and the service writer at Raper says she will do the same when she gets in.  My wife and I look at our nice trailer that we bought so we did not have to rent hotel rooms and bid it farewell for the night and head for the Holiday Inn. 

We arrive at the service center just after 0900 and speak with the service writer who has spoken with Stallion Coach, she says they want us to take the trailer to Bristol IN for them to fix.  We don’t like this option.  We went over and spoke with the salesman from whom we purchased the trailer and who recently found out he has 3 trailers out there with just 15 gallon holding tanks that he needs to sell.  He says he will see if maybe Stallion would like to come down there and fix all four trailers instead of having to haul their three up to the factory for repair and then bring them back. 

How it stands this afternoon:

We left the trailer at Raper and came on home; I had to be at the office tonight, Stallion is dodging the calls from the salesman and he is going to refer this to the general manager in the morning June 20, 2008 for them to fight out. 

All of this could have been avoided if Stallion had just said bring it on up and we will fix it.  But the played the one, two, three, not it thing hoping I would go away and now want to fix it after they have been proven to be lying or at least wrong.

So far I am very impressed with both Tom Raper and Lakota for helping us with this mess.  The service writer at Raper is also very impressed that Lakota is being as helpful and they are. 

Cliff Notes:

Bought a 2007 Lakota with a Stallion Coach Conversion.

Holding tanks only hold half of what they should.

Stallion is doing nothing but Lakota is helping.

Tom Raper RV is stuck with 3 trailers with the exact problem they are trying to get theirs fixed as well.

If you own a trailer with a Stallion Coach coversion check your tanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-06-20 4:57 AM (#86038 - in reply to #86032)
Subject: RE: Stallion Coach/Lakota Trailers holding tanks

Expert

Sounds like a bad deal to me and I'm not sure there is going to be an easy fix. If the trailer only has 15 gallon tanks under it, and now they are going to have to install 33 gallon tanks, that is going to require roughly twice the space to accomplish, there in lies the problem. I would bet they used the smaller tank(probley a 15" wide one) so they wouldn't have to remove a crossmember. So to retro fit a larger tank will be a real pain, to remove a crossmember isn't so bad, but they have to attach that tank to the floor somehow and that could be the problem in a finished LQ. I would say they(Stallion) are going to resist this option and try to negotiate their way out of this.

Edited by HWBar 2008-06-20 4:59 AM
itsmecarma
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-11 9:44 AM (#87276 - in reply to #86032)

New User

So how did it all turn out?   I am looking at  a Lokata and wonder how you like yours.  it is a LQ, but as far as the conversion pkg, I dont know yet. thanks for the tips.    Lakota is a new brand of trailer to me and havnt heard much about it.  Please  give us a an update.

cjones
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-11 1:36 PM (#87296 - in reply to #86032)

New User

This is Lakota Trailers responding to this email. Although our customer was dealing with a Stallion conversion and was not getting satisfaction. We brought his trailer to our factory and took care of his tank situation to his satisfaction.
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-07-20 1:35 AM (#87741 - in reply to #86032)

Veteran

My trailer is back at home with 33 gallon holding tanks installed.  Lakota was unbelievably good to us, when the LQ installer dropped the ball Lakota made it right. 

Lakota went down to Tom Raper, picked up the trailer, took it to their factory and took care of the issue.  They installed 33 gallon black and gray tanks and even gave me an extra set of keys to the trailer.  Lakota has made a life long customer. 

Vickie, warranty person, even stayed late so we could pick up the trailer.  It took much longer to get up there than I thought via US33, we went home the turnpike and made it in half the time.

Thank you Lakota.

Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-07-20 1:49 AM (#87742 - in reply to #87276)

Veteran

Buy a Lakota they stand behind their porduct and want to see their owners happy.  Like they told me, "It says Lakota on the trailer we want to make things right."

Lakota went above and beyond for me, they fixed something that was not any of their doing.

Ncatanz
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-10-06 2:24 PM (#92662 - in reply to #86032)

Veteran

Could the buyer or Lakota answer me why there was a Stallion Coach LQ in a Lakota trailer?  I thought Lakota put their on LQ packages in all of their own trailers?  Any response would be appreciated,  I am looking at Lakota LQ's right now.  Thank you

riddenhardputawaywet
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-10-07 4:20 PM (#92722 - in reply to #92662)

Regular

You can also buy a shell and add your own LQ.
lakota
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-10-09 8:19 AM (#92822 - in reply to #86032)

This is Lakota responding.  The reason for a Stallion conversion in one of our trailers is because we did not start doing our own conversions until October of 2006.  Therefore, our older units will have different conversions in them. 

Ncatanz
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-10-09 10:29 AM (#92830 - in reply to #86032)

Veteran

Thanks Lakota,  I am glad you are in charge of all the LQ's now.

Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-10-10 3:21 AM (#92864 - in reply to #86032)

Veteran

My trailer is a July 2006 manufacture. 

It did great going from Ohio to Colorado and back.  Lakota takes care of their owners.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)