'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Floor height on newer model goosenecks

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-06 8:59 AM
2 replies, 3647 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Ncatanz
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-08-06 6:39 AM (#89104)
Subject: Floor height on newer model goosenecks

Veteran

I own a 96 Custom Fab and I am in the process of trailer shopping now.  I noticed that the floor height on most of the newer trailers seem significantly higher.   This seems like a good thing because I scrapped my Custom Fab going in and out of a friends driveway last night,  which is not the first time it happened.  Are all manufacturers going to a higher floor hight for more clearance?  Do you know who has the highest floor heights?

Edited by Ncatanz 2008-08-06 6:41 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-08-06 8:19 AM (#89112 - in reply to #89104)
Subject: RE: Floor height on newer model goosenecks

Expert

Some of the trailer height differences may be due to the weight rating of the tire and axle combinations, being used on the newer trailers. Many new trailers are being purchased as larger units with many more options.

These sales involve the usage of heavier duty axle and tire/wheel combinations to carry the additional loads. The wheels on the larger trailers typically are 16" and sometimes larger. This will increase the height the trailer is off the ground. A basic two horse trailer with 15" automotive rated tires will still be low to the ground.

Gard

Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-08-06 8:59 AM (#89115 - in reply to #89104)
Subject: RE: Floor height on newer model goosenecks

Many of the manufacturers also offer options of adjusting floor height. With some, they raise the height by adjusting the articulation of the axle, while others will put spacers between the mounting brackets and the frame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)