'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Propane Fridge not working

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-25 7:00 PM
8 replies, 4347 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lindszo
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-25 7:03 AM (#88239)
Subject: Propane Fridge not working

Veteran

Anyone have any thoughts.... We left CO. with the fridge running on propane.   Got to ME. and switched over to electric.  When we got ready to leave and switch back to propane we could not get it to light, go over to the green.  It is a new Norcold and other than this has been working really well. 

Thanks for any help, Lindsay

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 7:18 AM (#88241 - in reply to #88239)
Subject: RE: Propane Fridge not working

Make sure you have propane to the burner tip. You may have to bleed it or try to start it several times. I have had mine get kind of air locked when changing altitude betweeen use, don't know why. I usually just light one of the stove burners to bleed the system, then try the fridge. Sometimes it takes 3- 4 times to light.

Terri J
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2008-07-25 7:30 AM (#88242 - in reply to #88239)

I had this problem with mine as well. Make sure you are pretty level. I thought something was really wrong, but the guy that installed it brought levels over and leveled me almost perfect before it would turn on. Same thing happened a couple weekends ago, had to use the jack out of the truck to lift up one side of the trailer to get it to turn on. I don't think it matter to much when it is using electric.
lindszo
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-25 8:15 AM (#88244 - in reply to #88242)

Veteran

OK.... I turned the burners on to make sure there was propane in the line and there is.  I did change the level with the jack for front to back but not sure how I would change it side to side.  I put the slide in and that changed it a little. It still doesn't want to turn on.  Where is the best place to place the level? 
Snickers
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2008-07-25 8:36 AM (#88245 - in reply to #88239)

Veteran

Put the level on the floor in the LQ area. Level side to side with lumber ie, 2x6 0r larger. You can buy level indicators that stick on the trailer these will help and can forget the "regular " level.Will need two of these, one for the front to back and the other for the side to side. Place these at the front of the trailer my side to side is on the battery box and the front to back one is just above the crank handle.
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 9:03 AM (#88250 - in reply to #88239)

I'm not sure that the trailer has to be perfectly level for the fridge to lite, but it does need to be level to cool properly. Before you spend a bunch of time leveling, look at the trouble shooting procedure in you fridge manual, or if you are like me and don't have a clue where you manual is, log on to the Mnuf. website, you can find manuals and trouble shooting advice there. Could be fuse, wiring to ignitor, plugged orifice, etc. There are lots of fridge experts on here if and one of them will surely be on soon.
lindszo
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-25 1:39 PM (#88270 - in reply to #88239)

Veteran

Mfg. customer servie was not very helpful, just suggested we take to a dealer and website FAQ's doesn't address it.  We are presently in SC. and may just have to take care of it wen we get home. Any other suggestions appreciated and Thanks for all the help so far.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-07-25 1:55 PM (#88272 - in reply to #88239)

Elite Veteran

Friend of mine passed on this info, now I'm passing it on.

open the vent on the outside of the fridge, there propane line is there (mine is blue), mine has a small cover for the flame to keep it from going out.  Using a toothbrush, brush off the accumulated carbon.  She paid a repair guy to come out and he used a straw to blow it away and charged her $80 for the call...  I've done this twice and my fridge started right up afterwards.  I now plan on doing this before the start of camping season and then monthly.  I mainly use propane when camping since we don't have very many places with electric.  

st_pinetree
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-07-25 7:00 PM (#88286 - in reply to #88272)

What this poster said. I have to do this periodically.

Originally written by Dunoir on 2008-07-25 1:55 PM

Friend of mine passed on this info, now I'm passing it on.

open the vent on the outside of the fridge, there propane line is there (mine is blue), mine has a small cover for the flame to keep it from going out.  Using a toothbrush, brush off the accumulated carbon.  She paid a repair guy to come out and he used a straw to blow it away and charged her $80 for the call...  I've done this twice and my fridge started right up afterwards.  I now plan on doing this before the start of camping season and then monthly.  I mainly use propane when camping since we don't have very many places with electric.  

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)