'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lemon?
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-09 2:39 PM
8 replies, 4079 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-07 9:25 PM (#87032)
Subject: Lemon?

Extreme Veteran

What recourse do you have if you buy a lemon?  Paint it yellow and park it beside the interstate for the world to see?  I have been very disappointed with my dealer experience; however, the manufacturer has been pretty good and the lq guy seems responsive.  I have had issues with brakes, tires and now the a/c.  I took delivery in Feb. 08.  What can I do?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-07-07 11:09 PM (#87037 - in reply to #87032)
Subject: RE: Lemon?

Expert

you could call the manufacturer and tell them the problem with the dealer and if the dealer still is not helping call the better business bureau 
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-08 7:25 AM (#87043 - in reply to #87032)

http://www.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,5426814_39105738,00.html

Typically a lemon law is applied if there is a problem that happens repeatedly. If the manufacturer took care of the tire/wheel problem and it hasn't happened again, then I would say that issue is fixed. As far as the AC going on the blink, they will have the same warranty issues as anyone else. Basically sometimes crap happens. It is very doubtful that one had anything to do with the other, so I would think that lemon laws would be hard to apply here. The other side of it is that it truly sounds like they are trying to help you. I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that line of communication. Unfortunately a bad dealer experience can sour anyone. I would speak loudly to the trailer manufacturer, the lq installer, and the BBB about your dealer experience and go from there.

Out of curiosity, is your dealer local?

tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-08 8:42 AM (#87053 - in reply to #87032)

Extreme Veteran

No.  ND with 2 other locations in adjoining states.  Very good  communication before the paperwork was signed, but once the papers were returned couldn't get any info/help.  Very disappointed as this was not a cheap trailer. 4h with14' lq with slide.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-07-08 9:01 AM (#87061 - in reply to #87032)

Expert

Your a/c may be covered under a manufacturer's warranty which is valid at any manufacturer's recommend repair facility. I would call the a/c manufacturer directly to see what could be worked out.

The BBB will not help you directly, other than to send a letter to the offending dealer to see what the problem is, and what their side of the problem entails.

As was previously posted, communication with the manufacturer will be your best bet. They may allow you to take your trailer to another facility to facilitate whatever service you may need. As long as your communication with the builder is still open, it would be your best venue to effect your concerns.

Dave will not allow you to mention the offending dealer's name, so we are not privy to know who is proving poor service and after sale satisfaction.

Gard

supersales
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-09 11:29 AM (#87132 - in reply to #87032)

New User

I am a salesman for the dealership that this customer is pertaining to.  I wanted to let everybody know that we have done everything possible and more than was asked of us.  Before delivery the customer wanted pictures of how the trailer was progressing, we sent a total of 64 pictures, not many dealerships would do this.  Phone calls and e-mails (as many as 5-6 per day)were answered the same day even late at night.  Everyone in the dealership was involved from the beginning of the sale to make sure everything was done correct and the customer was taken care of properly.  We would talk to the wife and then the husband would call saying nobody would return the call or talk to him when the call was returned but he was not told.  As for honesty when the tradein was brought to our dealership there were dents and scratches that we were never told of even though we asked if there was any damage on the trailer.  Even after the sale the customer did not like the mirrors in the cabinets in the gooseneck so we had new ones sent at NO CHARGE-By the way we are still waiting for the mirrored ones to be returned to us which was agreed on. We were never informed that there was an a/c problem. Now everyone has heard our side of the story. 
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-07-09 12:24 PM (#87135 - in reply to #87132)

Expert

Originally written by supersales on 2008-07-09 12:29 PM

I am a salesman for the dealership that this customer is pertaining to.  I wanted to let everybody know that we have done everything possible and more than was asked of us. Now everyone has heard our side of the story. 

Every story has two sides, and no, the customer is not always right. John Q Public can be very difficult to deal with. Sometimes your best will not suffice.

Gard

tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-09 1:30 PM (#87145 - in reply to #87032)

Extreme Veteran

You are wrong.  You weren't even my salesman.  Pics of our trade in were available for you on HTW and our salesman was completely aware of any damage on our 8 year old trailer as there were pics of everything.  The ladies at the dealership were a pleasure to deal with. 

I hate it that communication with the sales staff was not what I had received prior to purchase, but I am receiving very good support from the trailer manufacturer and interior finisher.  That is why I have choosen to deal directly with them and not you.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-07-09 2:39 PM (#87154 - in reply to #87145)

Expert

Originally written by tom-tom on 2008-07-09 1:30 PM

You are wrong.  You weren't even my salesman.  Pics of our trade in were available for you on HTW and our salesman was completely aware of any damage on our 8 year old trailer as there were pics of everything.  The ladies at the dealership were a pleasure to deal with. 

I hate it that communication with the sales staff was not what I had received prior to purchase, but I am receiving very good support from the trailer manufacturer and interior finisher.  That is why I have choosen to deal directly with them and not you.

Dirty laundry is dirty where-ever you decide to display it! I would try to work this out in some place other than a horse trailer forum. Unless you would like to identify yourself so anyone who has to deal with you in the future can be-aware.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)