'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Is there a way to close in your stock side trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-26 10:23 AM
5 replies, 3628 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

janda
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-05-23 7:19 AM (#84539)
Subject: Is there a way to close in your stock side trailer?

We have just decided to keep your bumper pull stock side trailer. We were wondering is there anway to close it in on the horse head side at least so our horses are not catching so much road and road noise while traveling? I was thinking maybe some plexi glass? I know I have seen a lot of people close them in.

Any ideas?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
eclipse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-05-23 7:46 AM (#84540 - in reply to #84539)
Subject: RE: Is there a way to close in your stock side trailer?

Yes, you can get rails and plexiglass. I ordered a trailer that will come like this from the manufacturer--should be done next week. I was told the rails were about the same price whether I installed at the factory, or later myself.

Go ask a dealer what they can get for you, and how it needs to be installed.
Here is a photo of what mine should look like when completed.
Photobucket
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-05-23 8:27 AM (#84551 - in reply to #84539)

Expert

We had a Cornpro stock combo that I closed in on both sides with windows. The difficult part was working around the construction of the trailer's frame structure. It had the framework exposed on the external surfaces. This resulted in individual windows fit between the vertical box sections. I used lexan and stainless hardware. It worked well and protected the wooden flooring from any rot.

Gard

jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2008-05-23 10:22 AM (#84560 - in reply to #84539)

Extreme Veteran

If you look here: http://catalog.cmtrailers.com/ under "Chrome" there is a selection of extruded aluminum shapes that would work well to hold plexiglass in place.
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-05-26 10:07 AM (#84664 - in reply to #84539)

Extreme Veteran

I had three of us friends that went riding one day together and we decided to take a ride in the back of each of our trailers to see what the horses experienced.  Each trailer had something to think about and mine was I didn't have good air circulation and was surprised at how fast it got hot. 

I only had the plexi-glass on the butt side and have pulled it out and it sits in my barn now.  I'd advise anyone to be sure to have your roof vents opened and have good air circulation for your horses.  If your horses are sweating when you get there, you might not.  I use to think it was because of them being nervous so I'd say use caution and don't close up too much.

eclipse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-05-26 10:23 AM (#84665 - in reply to #84539)

I will add that I have never towed the horses with the plexiglass in place--the plexiglass is for keeping rain out when the trailer is sitting. I put the plexiglass in when camping as I set up the first stall with my portapotty and cowboy shower. I also have the plexiglass in place for the winter, as I cannot store the trailer inside.

I did ride in the back (open stock on both sides) of my trailer on a 95 degree day. Surprisingly, it was nicer back there than in the cab with air conditioning. It had very good air flow and the rumber flooring absorbed more road bumps than the truck shocks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)