'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
did I have enough truck, update.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-16 7:19 AM
3 replies, 3004 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ilhorsechick33
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-15 11:35 AM (#81984)
Subject: did I have enough truck, update.

I posted something a while back about the trailer zapping my lights and wondering if I had enough truck for my trailer.  I loved everyones input and the fact that there were 2 people that actually didnt think I was nutso for thinking that my trailer lights killed my truck. 

well, first of all, my trailer did zap my truck AND, my sweet as he may have been mechanic, made a huge oversight when trying to find the problem with my truck.  After going for over 6 weeks, this cowgirl was about to crack without a truck (and trailer) i gave up on him and insisted that we take it elsewhere. SO, we took it to the ford dealer and guess what?! when the trailer was hooked up to the truck it had blown a fuse. It had gotten removed by someone and never put back in.  Well that was the problem, a stinkin $2.50 fuse that was MIA. 

GOt the truck back, hooked it up to my 3 horse slant big momma trailer and started learning.  I learned that there is no way on this earth that my truck will pull 3 horses in that thing first off.  Second, that I have to use horse slot 2 and 3 to haul my horses in it placing them over the axles, which works out good cuz when I go camping I can use the front for hay, grain, camping gear.  Our first trip was a learning experience, but worked out well and we had a good trip.  thanks to all. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sharon
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-04-15 11:54 AM (#81988 - in reply to #81984)
Subject: RE: did I have enough truck, update.

Veteran

Glad you got everything sorted out! 

I remember, back in the day when I was hauling a Brenderup with my 4Runner, I hooked up the electrical and then couldn't get the damn thing out of park.  Called USRider and they helped me figure out I'd blown a fuse!  I had replacements with me (these days I have a wider selection but back then I lucked out and had the right one) and soon I was good to go.  I can't remember exactly why it blew, though. 

I remember another trip with the same setup... the rear window got stuck in the "down" position and I had to drive three states away with it open!  That was blown motor, though, not a fuse, but that just means it sucked MORE.

perk2754
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-04-15 1:29 PM (#81999 - in reply to #81984)

Veteran

Speaking of fuses, keep in mind that most trucks have a second fuse box (I think Ford calls it a Power Distribution System) under the hood.  So, if at first you don't find the blown fuse, check the second box!!  I saved a friend a huge mechanics bill by finding the problem before they had the vehicle and trailer towed.
ilhorsechick33
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-16 7:19 AM (#82049 - in reply to #81984)

Perk, that was where it was.  it wasnt the fuses under the dash.  It was the main fuse in the one under the hood.  Had Mr. Nice Mechanic charged me for all of the parts/labor that he put into my truck I would have been able to pay the dumb thing off with the bill.  I kinda posted this incase it would happen to someone else and maybe they could avoid all of the frustrations that I did. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)