'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Dealers

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-25 12:13 AM
35 replies, 8499 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Too L Ranch
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2008-03-20 2:32 PM (#79983 - in reply to #79971)
Subject: RE: Trailer Dealers

Regular

Have had both Sundowner and Logan trailers. Yes, the warranty is National. Bought trailer in Michigan, picked it up at the factory, and had warranty work done at the dealer in Nevada. Yes, the Nevada dealer complained a bit, but once he discovered I was repeat business, it wasn't a problem. His biggest complaint was that I didn't buy from him. I told him his price was too high and he wasn't willing to deal on price. He argued that I would have had all of the bugs worked out at the dealer before I took possession of the trailer..."and look what I would have saved". I explained that the yearly registration taxes I would pay ($10,000 difference in price) would be significant over the long haul. To me, it was worth the cost of the drive to pick up the trailer, even if I had to drive to Michigan to pick it up.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-20 2:40 PM (#79985 - in reply to #79983)

Expert

And,that is the very reason that most people don't buy from a local dealer that is trying to make up their small volume in price.

I am not trying to slam small dealers,people have to do what they have to do,and everyone's got to make a living,they aren't in it for fun.So I don't want to get a big hoo doo going with dealers,but,that is the reason that we bought our GMC truck several hours away,in another part of our state.The local GMC/GM/Toyota/ect ect several other big auto names didn't want to deal with us.WOuldn't even attempt.It was like,"Well,here's the truck,take it or leave it." It was obvious then,that they didn't care if you bought it or not.

WIth my husband's work schedule,it was hard to take off without it counting against him to drive those hours.We did speak with the dealer where we bought the truck.Their suggestion? Take it to our LOCAL dealer,they should be able to work with us since the warranty was still in effect.WRONG,they should have ben able to,and,they COULD have been able to,but,they didn't WANT to!!!

I have to say when it came to our second trailer purchase,an Exiss from Jim's motors,Cuba,MO that there has been nothing but good treatment,good will,and good results in all of our dealings with them.They even agreed to meet us at a named drop off point,our choice,to deliver the trailer that we'd bought,and they also met us there to pick it up for some minor warranty work,and,brought it back,met us there,this was all right before Christmas,too.

THANKS MR JOHN,Mr.Jim,Scott,and all of you guys at Jim's! Sure can't say you don't want to work with folks!!!

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-03-20 8:48 PM (#80007 - in reply to #79971)

Expert

Originally written by Dixie Horse & Mule on 2008-03-20 2:08 PM

8.  If its not warranty, I sometimes pay the bill anyway!

That is DOWN RIGHT UN-AMERICAN...

You are truly a gem...keep up the good work...

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-03-20 9:26 PM (#80013 - in reply to #79281)

Elite Veteran

DHMCO serviced ALL of my trailers with care and expertise, as if they sold them to me themselves.  I DO miss having their service department here in Birmingham, where I could call with a stupid question, and get a straight answer by someone I was acquainted with.  Hey Don, like HWBar . . . I'm looking for a career move too !  Oh yeah, women probably can't sell trailers

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-03-21 4:45 AM (#80028 - in reply to #80013)

Expert

Hey Don, like HWBar . . . I'm looking for a career move too !  Oh yeah, women probably can't sell trailers

I think I have said this before, I sell equipment for a living, women do very well in sales. A good salesperson knows the product they are selling, but more importantly knows the product they are selling against. I don't get into the bashing of the competition, I merely point out the features of my product that the competitors can't beat. I hate being pestered by a salesperson, so I intentionally avoid being a pestering salesperson.

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2008-03-21 7:18 AM (#80030 - in reply to #79281)

Nancy / Paul, Thanks!  Yes on ladies selling successfully!  At least half of my salesfolks are ladies, management too!  I find, in general, the sweeter gender have a little more patience and understanding, and, in general, can identify more readily with a lady customer that may, at times, have been mistreated, maybe unintentionally, and looked upon as a "little lady" by some "super salesMAN"!  72% of our sales are female driven.  They either write the check, or have it done.  To not recognize this re business would be suicidal.  To not treat ladies a little special, regardless of buying power, would show a lack of good manners!  Thanks,  DON SMITH  
Towfoo
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-03-21 7:28 AM (#80031 - in reply to #80013)

Veteran

Originally written by N2ridin on 2008-03-20 9:26 PM

Oh yeah, women probably can't sell trailers

Maybe I'm just a sucker, I don't know, but I'd rather have a woman salesman over a man any day.
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-03-21 10:03 AM (#80043 - in reply to #79281)

Elite Veteran

To All . . .   Oh yeah, women probably can't sell trailers

This was just a "FUNNY" !  I KNOW I could sell trailers.  I've been very successful in my sales career.  From cigarettes (Former RJR sales rep ) to Yellow Page Advertising (Bellsouth), and now Real Estate.  Not only can women sell, they are the major decision makers in most "large item" sales transactions !    It's all about integrity, honesty and hard work.

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-03-21 8:33 PM (#80090 - in reply to #80043)

Expert

selling trailers should be like judging cattle ,you never point out the bad points of the bad cow, you point out the better points of the better cow. also true will always help in a sell I got my trailer from a dealer in R. I. not in new York because the salesman was up frount about the trailers I was looking at  
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-21 9:04 PM (#80093 - in reply to #80090)

Expert

Yeah,that is really all that I ask,and I believe most everyone else will agree.Just tell the truth,don't lie,don't cover up the facts,just say,"hey,we want to point out to you that this trailer has some minor hail damage,you can barely see it unless you 'sight'down this white wall in the sunlight,but,we want you to see that it's there,and there is some on the roof if you'd like to take a look at it too." Then tell me you have the trailer priced accordingly.And  don't try to hide the fact that a horse has been hauled in this 'new' trailer I'm buying,even if only once.Being a horseperson,I/we have sense enough to see the rub marks on the inside of the feed manger walls where the halter and lead have rubbed it. Don't tell me you will get me a set of keys to replace the ones that were lost,then,don't follow through and not do so,and cause me to have to call the manufacturer and get them myself.Just tell the truth about it,most people will find out,anyway.

Sounding familiar to anybody out there???

I don't mind paying what something is worth but,I like for the truth to be part of what I've purchased about an item.

Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-25 12:13 AM (#80317 - in reply to #79281)

I agree with ya'!  Same type deal I into right now. 

If I advertise that I sale and service something, that is what I am going to do, no matter where the item came from when it was bought new.  As long as the customer or warranty is going to take care of the payment. 

What would be nice, is if the mfg. of these items would step in and MAKE the dealer do the work on the items they advertise for and if the dealer declines to do the work the mfg. should pull the dealership from them and find a dealer that will service what they sale!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)