'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Training Video/Books

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-19 5:02 PM
2 replies, 2887 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Frankie001%
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2008-03-19 9:42 AM (#79882)
Subject: Training Video/Books

Veteran

Good Day To All.  I hope the weather is treating you better than it is treating us.  The question is I would like to buy some training videos but I do not know which to pick.  My daughter is a beginner jumper and the my neice is a beginner western rider.  I saw Frank Bell at one of the Expo's.  But do not know anyone else.  I like the natural training method (if I said it correctly).  We will be attending the Mid-Michigan Horse Expo and am wanting to look over training material.  Also I like Pony Boy items (read his web site).  Any advice is appreciated and thanking you in advance.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-19 10:49 AM (#79895 - in reply to #79882)
Subject: RE: Training Video/Books

Expert

There are dozens of natural horsemanship type trainers now,and even more books/videos,and you will be spinning by the time everyone recommends their personal favorites.We do not have any of the western riding type books,as we are gaited/trail riders,but the principles of beginning riding are the same everywhere.

I really like the books that are put out by Western Horseman magazine.You can find these often at your larger farm/equine supply stores.I think there are several excellent western riding books in that series.Someone on here that rides English and does jumpers can answer better for your daughter's book/video needs probably.

Hank
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-03-19 5:02 PM (#79919 - in reply to #79882)
Subject: RE: Training Video/Books

Veteran

Try some of this guy's:

http://marvwalker.com/

Can be long winded and a little boring, but he knows his stuff.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)