'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ DIY Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-24 10:46 AM
2 replies, 2911 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TwoBucksRanch
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-02-23 7:55 PM (#77771)
Subject: LQ DIY Question

We have a small gooseneck trailer and we are going to insulate and finish the inside just for sleeping on overnight trips, no shower, tanks, etc.  If we wanted to run a 120V light, or a fan, or small TV, could you plug into the campsite power with an appropriate cable, run it into the LQ through a cord box, attach a GFI power strip and then plug in small items?  We were thinking of this instead of running electrical wiring throughout the LQ, since we really are not going to have appliances, a/c, etc.  Just being lazy and saving some work.

Thanks for the input.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-02-24 8:49 AM (#77799 - in reply to #77771)
Subject: RE: LQ DIY Question

Elite Veteran

Or smart and saving money! I've done that at fair grounds and been just fine. Have run fan or space heater as weather dictated, dorm fridge. My only caution would be that I was told some electric at those places delivers inconsistent voltage but I had no problems.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-02-24 10:46 AM (#77803 - in reply to #77771)
Subject: RE: LQ DIY Question

Expert

It should work well. There are some considerations you should address, that involve how long a cable you intend to use, and the total amount of load you will have with the various appliances.

If you were to add up all the electrical appliances that will be on at one time, and don't forget a future a/c or ceramic heater, you will have an idea of what the power requirements are your trailer will require.

You can purchase pre made shore lines  that are adaptable to different amperage outlets. Most owners have a 30 amp line and 20 amp adapters. It would be easier to install a heavy one now, rather than having to redo it later when you run out of capacity.

The longer the shore line, the heavier the gauge wire it will require. In your calculations, your total feed capabilities should be lessened to 80% for a continuously run circuit to reduce the heat effects.

BOL  Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)