'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need some advice on brands

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-15 3:41 PM
2 replies, 2988 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

watchpeppydoc
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-02-15 10:11 AM (#76911)
Subject: Need some advice on brands

Im looking for a 2 horse straightload, I wouldnt mind a slant as long as I knew my horse could fit but I know a straightload he wont be pushed into. Some brands Im considering, most likey in a steel/alum trailer are: Merhow Bison Adam Featherlite Sundowner (I found one new one with hail damamge thus putting it in my price range) Logan Coach Lakota Shadow there are just sooo many brands out there its hard to know whats the best value for the money. I dont haul a whole lot or very far. I havent had a trailer for about 4 years so almost anything at this time would be nice LOL. Preferably I would like a walk through to the horse/dr area, also wanting a gn but might get a bp. Any advice on these? I know everyone has their own opinions but just looking for a good value and a decent trailer. I know nothing about looking under the frame for welds or weak spots... But I want a trailer that will last for a while (like most people). thank you
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-02-15 11:40 AM (#76919 - in reply to #76911)
Subject: RE: Need some advice on brands

Expert

Well, in your shoes, I would make a list of features I must have, a list of features that "would be nice", and remember the amount you can spend.  Find trailers that meet your must haves, then sort em by price and "would be nice" to have features.  Brand would not necessarily matter to me as much as appropriate features and value for dollar, for safety, features, and longevity.  Also, consider your tow vehicle, can you pull the trailer without having to upgrade the tow rig ... just in keeping an eye on the $$$.
watchpeppydoc
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-02-15 3:41 PM (#76927 - in reply to #76919)
Subject: RE: Need some advice on brands

Thank you. That sounds very logical to me about the list and features and prices. Im not to concerned about the weight, I have an F250 turbo 6.0l diesel.

After reading that thread on the Sundowners "suncoat" I think I will just stay away from that plus the slight hail damage.

Anyone else?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)