'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Converting stock trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-11 7:38 AM
3 replies, 3221 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jpj2002
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2008-02-08 9:40 PM (#76440)
Subject: Converting stock trailer

I am considering buying a stock trailer and converting it to a horse trailer with dressing room.  I was wondering if anyone would know of a source to find a camper door to replace the escape door.  I believe I can figure out a way to make the window slats watertight, but the door is the only thing I am having problems with. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Donna l
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-02-09 11:21 PM (#76506 - in reply to #76440)
Subject: RE: Converting stock trailer

Try calling trailer companies with the size you need
Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-02-10 10:55 AM (#76528 - in reply to #76440)

Veteran

My trailer is a converted stock trailer.  The previous owner pop riveted sheet metal over the front slats making it a 5' short wall slant. The door is an RV door and he placed this first then enclosed with metal.  He also made the slant wall to the horse area one piece and set it in and tack welded then insulated. We put a walk thru door to the horse area when we got it.  The door came from an RV shop and was used.  It is identical to the entrance door except the glass is stationary. Less than $100 used. All RV shops around here have used parts.  I want the water/stove/frig unit that comes in the LQ set up but can't find one new or used.

Edited by Rockinghorserun 2008-02-10 10:58 AM
Friedspam
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-02-11 7:38 AM (#76595 - in reply to #76440)

New User

You can use an standard metal door from Menards or Lowes. 32 or 30 inch wide install as you would in your house. You will have to cut and grind the old hinges off to get them out of the way. We install these this away and have had no problems. Use the solid panel door, not the door with the panels, just bought one for $134.00. We spray paint these to match the trailer, take a sample down to the paint store for them to match up.Makes a good looking strong door.Jim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)