'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Use Caution

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-26 7:17 PM
15 replies, 6294 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gerald65
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-01-18 7:48 PM (#74752)
Subject: Use Caution

New User

Use caution when dealing with Trailers America in Cincinnati, OH.  They have at least one sales person there that totally lacks integrity and fails to honor verbal agreements.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-01-18 10:14 PM (#74763 - in reply to #74752)
Subject: RE: Use Caution

Expert

Use caution when naming names on a public forum,also.I appreciate your frustration having been through something probably very similar but I refrained from naming the business in public although I did so in private emails when asked.
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-01-18 11:22 PM (#74765 - in reply to #74763)

Expert

crowleysridgegirl   is right  have proof of what you say other wise it will come back to bit you in the ######
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-01-19 9:09 AM (#74791 - in reply to #74752)

Expert

To my fellow readers of this forum:  

To paraphrase...Use caution when reading posts of woe.  This is a new poster that registers to assassinate a character or reputation without specifics or verifiable facts.  As a new poster here, this person has not built a reputation nor has a reputation to protect. 

There are always two sides of a conflict.  Verbal agreements are sandy foundations for contracts for several good reasons. 

Originally written by gerald65 on 2008-01-18 6:48 PM

Use caution when dealing with Trailers America in Cincinnati, OH.  They have at least one sales person there that totally lacks integrity and fails to honor verbal agreements.

edited for spelling

Edited by hosspuller 2008-01-19 10:08 AM
Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-01-19 9:50 AM (#74803 - in reply to #74791)

Veteran

hosspuller - those are almost true words of wisdom - I always say there are THREE sides to every story - "your" side "my" side and the TRUTH!
mike and darcy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-01-19 3:53 PM (#74831 - in reply to #74752)

Regular

Most often the character of person who would honor a handshake deal is the kind of person who would not spout off in public about his misfortune.

This has been my observation in life.

Mike

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-01-19 7:30 PM (#74842 - in reply to #74831)

Expert

I don't for a minute doubt the OP.I had the same experience with a trailer dealer.Several things that were their responsibility to attend to with the purchase of our LQ that go without saying weren't followed through on.

I was just cautioning them about naming names  on a public forum.I've told my experience many times in private,and in public without naming the dealer.Naming names of dealerships and salesman could provoke some legal action for the poster.But I don't think it casts doubt on their story just because they have told the names.I think they are new at it and just was not thinking.

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-01-19 10:57 PM (#74849 - in reply to #74842)

Expert

the true is out there you are right crowleysridgeegirl
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-01-20 1:40 PM (#74875 - in reply to #74752)

Expert

It is not slanderous to factually speak of an event. It is not libelous to factually write of an event. It only becomes improper whenever one party starts to relate facts that didn't occur, or to cast aspersions based on your relationship. The offended party has to prove that he was emotionally or financially damaged by your improper actions. Relating the facts is not improper. Name calling and exaggerations can be detrimental and not often in the best taste.

BOL  Gard

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-01-20 2:23 PM (#74878 - in reply to #74752)

Expert

A verbal contract is as good as the paper it's written on...
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-01-20 4:13 PM (#74883 - in reply to #74875)

Expert

OK,well,since the thread was called "use caution" I thought I'd state that I prefer to err on the side of caution and just not mention names of people or dealerships.It may be the truth,I'm certain it is,because I have a horror story too as do most of us that have bought very many trailers.I'd just rather not mention their name.THey might have to prove it,true,but I don't want to go through the hassle of being their target on the receiving end of their ire,lawyer,or whatever while they are trying to prove it.

But I don't call a dealer's responsibility to follow through with what is part of a sale something that would necessitate a contract.For example: we purchased a LQ trailer and on the day of pickup,were informed at the 11th hour,(they knew we had to get the trailer back home and had quiet a ways to travel with it) that they couldn't find the keys.Now,I don't think I needed a written contract from them at that point saying they'd get us the keys.But had I known the situation was going to go as it did,I would have: informed them that I was holding my check for downpayment,taking both the title of my tradein and the keys with me OR I would hold my check,take my tradein trailer back home,and when they got the keys,if they weren't willing to release the LQ to me,they could then make arrangements to deliver it or meet us at a point of our choosing.As it was I had to go through hell and high water to get a set of keys to the thing,and,had to go to the manufacturer in the end to get them! So,maybe part of the written contract was to include the set of keys,but,to me,it went without saying that it was their responsibility as they said to get me a set of keys.They never did.Said that they were trying,and supposedly a set was provided to them from the mfg.Well,guess what? I never got THOSE either.

SO I can fully understand somebody's frustration and anger and wish to slam somebody in order to prevent them from making sales,I would have loved for the world to have known about it,too.Plenty of people that I have encountered DID know about it,I can assure you,and you guys all know me,and know I have a big mouth to start with,so,it got told,not to worry.I just don't think my mama would have approved  me naming their names,is all.So I personally wouldn't do

it,legalities aside.And,the OP never did say what the details of the agreement were.Was it part of a purchase that was made? Or maybe it was a salesperson that shot someone a price without being aware of the dealer's wishes first,or you know what I mean.So,we really don't know the facts,it's true.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-01-20 4:19 PM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-01-20 5:47 PM (#74894 - in reply to #74883)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2008-01-20 3:13 PM

...couldn't find the keys....As it was I had to go through hell and high water to get a set of keys to the thing, and,had to go to the manufacturer in the end to get them! So,maybe part of the written contract was to include the set of keys,but,to me,it went without saying that it was their responsibility as they said to get me a set of keys.They never did.Said that they were trying,and supposedly a set was provided to them from the mfg.Well,guess what? I never got THOSE either.

Actually ... CRgirl... I would say that you're telling us the facts of some dealer's failure.  A new trailer should include the keys to the locks.  I would have no problem with hearing that dealer named xxx said they would get you a set of keys yet never did.   That is a verifiable fact.  If dealer XXX did give your SO the keys, they could say so. Again verifiable fact. 

The OP merely says use caution about a Trailers America and puts out some vague complaint about a salesperson.

If one publicly complains about someone, they owe the public, details to verify the complaint. Or Trailers America to put their side of the issue out too.

That's a problem with the Internet.  There is a lot of good information, but it must be used with adult judgement and critical thought.  Otherwise, the inmates run the show

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-01-20 9:53 PM (#74906 - in reply to #74894)

Expert

Yes,I see the point of that.

We did just the opposite,I told a lot of the story/facts,but didn't name names.they told the name,but,no facts! I'd rather have known all of the gory details than who it was that did it!!! Just a few hints would have a lot of folks figuring that out anyway.

trailer/truck newbie
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-01-23 12:48 PM (#75136 - in reply to #74752)

Regular

Hello everyone,

As Hosspuller pointed out, the individual who posted this is a new member and, the one and only post they have made seems to be for the purpose of discrediting a specific company/individual. Most of us like to make informed decisions, yet this cannot occur if only sketchy details are provided. I also agree with Gard that posts like this one are not in the best taste.

Personally, I experienced quite a few problems when I purchased my trailer. However, the dealership I went through was excellent in working with me in a very timely manner to correct each and every one. Also, my view was that it was partly my fault for not properly researching the brands of trailers prior to making my impulsive purchase.

In the end, I was so impressed with the customer service that I received that I went back to upgrade my truck (BTW, I really like the 3500 chev and it pulls so much better than the F150).

If my experience had been entirely negative I would not post the name of the dealership on a public forum. If asked in a private email I would do as Crowley's Ridge Girl suggested and provide it in that manner.

For anyone who has worked in a managerial position and supervised employees it is clear that an individual's perception of the event is always clouded by their own emotions. This applies to individuals from all walks of life regardless of education and social status. I like to judge things for myself and when I hear someone make disparaging remarks about another person, I really take it with a grain of salt.

Regards,

Jodie

trlmaven
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-01-26 4:53 PM (#75336 - in reply to #74752)

I am the owner of Trailers America and know the issue the originator of the thread is complaining about.  While I am not happy about this person's dissatisfaction with my business, as others have pointed out, there are 2 sides to any dispute. We have been in business for over 15 years and couldn't have lasted this long without a high level of customer satisfaction, referrals and repeat business. 

If anyone would like further information about this particular situation, please contact me by private email at trailers@fuse.net or call me at the office at (800) 466-4470.

Risa Prince

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-01-26 7:17 PM (#75344 - in reply to #74752)

Veteran

Being in business 15 years WOW WE great now how about making it right with person thats UNHAPPY.YA 2 sides to every story and than THE Truth....

Way to many trailersdealerships making promises that NEVER come thur.

Make good on what was said as we online on many many websites will be wanting to find out outcome.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)