'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
need advise

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-22 12:41 PM
1 replies, 2244 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

n2qrthorse
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-22 12:34 PM (#69765)
Subject: need advise

I have a sundowner trailer, that I would like to take camping with the horses, it has a dressing room big enough for a twin blow up and really nothing else, but this is all I need.My question is, when hooked to my truck all the lights work on the trailer but this also drains the battery. I want to know if there is a adapter that can convert a six prong (that plugs into my truck) into a 120 v so that I can plug into a generator? Or if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.Thanks,
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-10-22 12:41 PM (#69767 - in reply to #69765)
Subject: RE: need advise

Elite Veteran

Have an RV battery installed on your trailer so your trailer lights run off that battery and you won't have to stay plugged into your truck. 

If all you want are the trailer lights to work you don't need a generator.  If you want to run anything that requires AC power (appliances, TV, etc) then you would need a converter installed on the trailer to convert the AC generator power to DC battery power to run the lights.   You can plug AC-powered appliances directly into the generator or an extension cord plugged into the generator.

Edited by headhunter 2007-10-22 12:49 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)