'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner Trailer Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-19 5:06 PM
3 replies, 3995 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mrbotat
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-10-18 7:12 AM (#69557)
Subject: Sundowner Trailer Question

OK...don't laugh!  This is probably going to seem silly but I honestly can not figure it out.  I have a 2001 Sundowner 8008 with Trailblazer III living quarters.  When you walk in the door the light switches are on the left, along side the cupboard.  Pump and hot water switches are also there.  One of the switches will turn on the lights up in the bed area.  That has 4 small circular lights in the ceiling and two slanted/reading lights above the head board area.  My question is..how do you turn on/off the lights when you are in the bed area.  When I get in bed at night and its dark I'd love to be able to turn on a light.  If I leave the switch on, the four circular ones in the ceiling stay on.  I'd like to be able to just turn the ones on above the head board (which do have a switch on the backside of the lamp).  Any suggestions?  Am I just missing something so obvious?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tintilly
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-10-18 8:12 PM (#69601 - in reply to #69557)
Subject: RE: Sundowner Trailer Question

I needs a 3 way type switch what I have done was a little clip on light plugged in and clipped it to the head of the bed. Or call an electrician to put in a 3 way switch.  Maybe even a little night light would help too.  

Nancy

Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-10-19 3:49 PM (#69636 - in reply to #69557)

Extreme Veteran

If it has one a three way switch will be installed up in the gooseneck area somewhere. There should be some type of light up there.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-10-19 5:06 PM (#69642 - in reply to #69557)

Expert

Originally written by mrbotat on 2007-10-18 7:12 AM

OK...don't laugh!  This is probably going to seem silly but I honestly can not figure it out.  I have a 2001 Sundowner 8008 with Trailblazer III living quarters.  When you walk in the door the light switches are on the left, along side the cupboard.  Pump and hot water switches are also there.  One of the switches will turn on the lights up in the bed area.  That has 4 small circular lights in the ceiling and two slanted/reading lights above the head board area.  My question is..how do you turn on/off the lights when you are in the bed area.  When I get in bed at night and its dark I'd love to be able to turn on a light.  If I leave the switch on, the four circular ones in the ceiling stay on.  I'd like to be able to just turn the ones on above the head board (which do have a switch on the backside of the lamp).  Any suggestions?  Am I just missing something so obvious?

To determine if your light switch is a three way...you need to take the plate off and determine how many wires there on the switch and in the switch box...If you look at the diagrams on the following site...you will see the three possible ways that the wiring for a three way switch can occur...there is an initial diagram then IGNORE the 4-way and jump to the bottom of the page for the last two wiring diagrams....

Basically this is what you will see in the diagrams...the three possibilities for wiring a three-way...

1.)Power Light Switch Switch

2.)Power Switch Switch Light

3.)Power Switch Light Switch

http://www.handymanwire.com/articles/3wayswitch.html

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format