'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Helpful hints for US Rider members...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-07 12:58 PM
6 replies, 3628 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

wendmil
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-09-30 9:10 AM (#68601)
Subject: Helpful hints for US Rider members...

Veteran

Ok, this is probably in the US Rider paperwork somewhere.  I haven't had it long, so I haven't gotten through all the reading, but some quick pointers I just learned from my bonehead move yesterday:

1. Go back through old posts.  There's a helpful hint about putting your member ID and the emergency number inside a window where you can read it from the outside. Ladies, this especially means you!  If you lock your keys, purse, cell in the car this is seriously going to hamper your rescue.  No key fob #, no card, no cell phone, and if you're single and no significant other to call for info off of their card you are between a rock and a hard place.  And it's NOT listed on their website (that I could find without access to members site which requires your ID number).  So if you think you are going to look it up there, forget it.  Also, their office is only open M-F during business hrs.  I plan to post it in my vehicle windows and also to have an emergency packet in a ziplock baggie taped to the underside of my gooseneck (I can just see myself going somewhere and taking a friend's truck/my trailer and not having the info AGAIN!).

2.  Have the US Rider customer service person read you back the number that you gave them.  They wrote down mine wrong and it slowed up my rescue by 2 hrs.

3.  Clarify with them if you are NOT on a CELL phone.  I guess nowdays it's just assumed that everyone is on a cell.  I was able to get back into my house to call on the land line.  (Before you ask, yes I have keys in the house usually.  Due to circumstances, all emergency keys were retrieved and in my purse )

4.  If you are on a land line, clarify whether you are to sit by the phone for someone to call you back.  They took down all my info including directions but didn't tell me to wait for the tow driver to call me back.  'Course it didn't matter much cuz he had the wrong number, and when I finally got ahold of him he said he wasn't coming out until he talked to me anyway so I should have been by the phone.

Anyway, all-in-all, I think it was an ok experience.  Aside from the miscommunication, I'd have been rescued quite quickly.  US Rider folks were VERY nice to deal with.  Tow guy was ticked when I got him on the phone but by the time he got to my house and it dawned on him (and me) why he was calling and I wasn't answering it was all smoothed over and he was nice and professional.

Knowing how by luck runs, I'm sure this is my little primer for the near future.  Trouble comes in twos and threes.  Guess I better get out there and post the info on the vehicles.  I've got a sneaking suspicion that the next rescue is right around the corner and THIS time I'll have the trailer and the horses. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
wendmil
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-09-30 9:12 AM (#68602 - in reply to #68601)
Subject: RE: Helpful hints for US Rider members...

Veteran

Oh, and if any of y'all have any handy-dandy ideas.... I'm listening......
bechack
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-09-30 2:51 PM (#68619 - in reply to #68601)

Veteran

Not fool proof or we wouldn't be talking about it....but I programmed the 800 # in to my cell phone.  I also have keyless entry. Boy do I like that.

AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-10-02 9:31 PM (#68757 - in reply to #68619)

Veteran

Originally written by bechack on 2007-09-30 2:51 PM

Not fool proof or we wouldn't be talking about it....but I programmed the 800 # in to my cell phone.  I also have keyless entry. Boy do I like that.

/QUOTE]

Reading what you wrote gave me another idea....along w/programing their ph# in to your cell, you could use one of the other ph# slots (most have a space for home, cell, ofc, etc), to put in your member #.

wendmil
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-10-03 10:49 AM (#68772 - in reply to #68601)

Veteran

Just remember not to rely soley on the cell phone route.  As in my case, it was of no use because it was locked in the truck.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-10-07 5:52 AM (#68921 - in reply to #68601)

Veteran

How about using the spare key holder they sent to keep a key and the info in? I've got it stuck under my bed rail on my truck so I can get it even if I lock up the truck.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-10-07 12:58 PM (#68938 - in reply to #68601)

Expert

Paste the number on your back window...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World