'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fixing up old trailer DR

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-30 1:17 PM
2 replies, 2753 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

msweeten
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-09-29 4:17 PM (#68581)
Subject: Fixing up old trailer DR

Ok, I need help with insulation.  What do you have, easy to install, easy to cover, easy on budget, etc.

Also would like to get some sort of storage unit that can double as a step so I can get into the bed!

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-09-30 1:12 PM (#68614 - in reply to #68581)
Subject: RE: Fixing up old trailer DR

Extreme Veteran

We made a mini LQ out of our DR.  Like you, I was most concerned with storage and getting in and out of the bunk.  And I hate wasted space.

We used the insulation (I don't know the actual name) that looks like aluminum foil bubble wrap.  We then put carpet over that, but carpet or paneling could wait until your budget is not so tight.

Our SW is only slightly larger than the door, so we were working with minimal space.  But we managed to get in a fridge, microwave, "bucket" potty and several storage areas.  We put in triangular shelves in the slant wall corner and we left in the bridle hooks which now serve as a place to hang clothing.

"Steps" were built along the bunk wall which open up for storage.  We also built a housing for the fridge and microwave as well as a "pantry" of sorts where I can store canned goods, paper plates, etc.

There is also a boot box, that is carpeted on top so it's not cold on your bare hiney when you sit on it to put your socks on!!

I will TRY to attach some pictures.  I am terribly techno-tarded, so I hope this works.

RIDE ON!

Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-09-30 1:17 PM (#68616 - in reply to #68581)
Subject: RE: Fixing up old trailer DR

Extreme Veteran

ARRGH!!  My pics are too big.

Edited by Dwight 2007-09-30 1:22 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format