'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Elite Trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-04 9:27 AM
7 replies, 3227 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

happyrider929
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-08-02 11:32 PM (#64975)
Subject: Elite Trailers?

Regular

I'm actively trailer shopping, and ran across a nice used Elite that caught my eye. It is just a few years old and appears to be in fabulous condition. These trailers appear to be of excellent quality, but I don't have firsthand experience with one, so I'd love to hear from folks who know a little more about them. Please share anything you know, good or bad!

Edited by happyrider929 2007-08-02 11:33 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-08-03 7:07 AM (#64992 - in reply to #64975)
Subject: RE: Elite Trailers?

Elite Veteran

I've checked them out and yes they are one of the overall highest quality trailers.  One really nice feature I saw on a LQ was the outside propane tanks, spare tire, etc were enclosed in locking aluminum cabinets.    They hold their value very well due to the construction.
Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-08-03 7:16 AM (#64994 - in reply to #64975)

Elite Veteran

I think the locking front enclosure isn't exclusive to Elite but is an option offered by other brands as well.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-08-03 7:37 AM (#64995 - in reply to #64975)

Elite Veteran

I didn't think it was, just that I noticed it on one and really liked it.  I imagine it will become something offered on quite a few brands.
Renee9235
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-08-03 8:25 AM (#64996 - in reply to #64975)

I love my Elite, I bought it used seven years ago and it is still the same as the day I bought it, except I am now doing a conversion on the dressing room. 

We shopped and shopped, a guy at a 4Star dealer said to check the sturdiness of the drop downs, if you could grab the window on the edge and twist them back and forth, the trailer wasn't built very strong...Well, try it on an Elite, you can't budge them.. A friend pulled mine and said it was heavier than his Featherlite, but his was a new lighter light skinned.  I'm 100% backer of Elites. Good luck, and they don't loose their value.. Once I get my stripping redone to more modern colors on the outside I will be set to roll...Renee J.

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-08-03 6:01 PM (#65064 - in reply to #64975)

Elite Veteran

We love our Elite trailer. Smooth welds, very nice rubber interior, divider doors close smoothly and easily and the drops on head and tail are very well constructed. The floor joists and marine grade aluminum flooring is a big plus too. Had a cam-latch installed on the back doors so we can use the horse area as a mud room before going into the LQ. Elite can add this option on for you or an experienced aluminum welder. Worth every penny not to have to constantly sweep dirt and mud from the LQ and is another safe guard in locking up the trailer at night from the inside.

We are on our second Elite... first one was stolen after only owning it 4 months, so someone else thought it was nice too. Just didn't have the balls to pay for one themselves. BTW - the crooks were caught but the trailer is still missing in action. I'll find it one day. Not to many 15ft. shortwall 2-Horse Elite LQs out there. I think you will be pleased with an Elite trailer. Happy trailer hunting.

Edited by ponytammy 2007-08-03 6:08 PM
caracer
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-08-03 10:52 PM (#65080 - in reply to #64975)

We are on our third Elite.  We've had a 4 horse gn, a 24 foot stock trailer and now a 3 horse lq.  All were very well  made.  I would highly recommend them.  I think for the price they are a better value than 4 Star.  My old trailer was a 2002 4 Star and it was so well made.  The new ones are just not the same (still great but not the same) and the prices have gone up alot.
TX Rebel
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-08-04 9:27 AM (#65095 - in reply to #64975)

Hi, new to forum and would like to put my 2 cents in on this thread: I just bought an Elite (3H slant GN) I had custom-built to my specs and couldn't be happier. I went and looked at several brands - 4Star, Merhow, Integrity, Cimarron, Cherokee, Sundowner, Sooner - and narrowed it down to 2 choices, the Elite and 4Star based on construction, welds, attention to detail, etc. But the Elite had some better features (IMO) not offered by 4Star: Elite's flooring is spaced on 9" centers vs the 4Star's on 12" centers and Elite's windows have VERY strong welds, plus I got the lockable door seal plates not offered by 4Star. The pricing was very comparable on both trailers but I chose Elite because I felt it was a better-built and better all-around trailer than the 4Star.

I think you'd be very happy with an Elite trailer and, in my opinion, there's none better-built out there from what I personally saw!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)