'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Merhow

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-20 1:58 PM
4 replies, 2877 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Nitaoak
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-07-19 7:17 PM (#64148)
Subject: Merhow

I am looking to buy a trailer, I like the Merhow but I am in Central CA and the nearest dealer is about 500 miles away, ever one says find a good dealer so if you have problems you can take it back to have it worked on, what a person to do if you like that brand of trailer and the dealer is so far a way?? also with the dealer so far would I be better off just ordering form the company?? 

Thanks for any advice you can give.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CTR Rider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-07-19 7:40 PM (#64149 - in reply to #64148)
Subject: RE: Merhow

Veteran

I was also about 500 miles from a Merhow dealer. If you have a problem, you can take it to another dealer or if it is living quarters related, take it to a RV place and have it repaired. I had one small problem, called them, they had me take it to a RV place and they reimbursed me.
I did not have any brands that I wanted to buy with dealerships near me.
I had a few qualms about buying one so far away, but I am so happy with my Merhow, that I am glad I did it.
CTR Rider
Nitaoak
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-07-19 8:42 PM (#64151 - in reply to #64148)

Thank you, did you order yours from the company? I would like to get a 3 horse slant gooseneck 16 ft box with a 2 foot short wall, collaspsible rear tack with no center bar.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-07-19 11:20 PM (#64158 - in reply to #64148)

Veteran

Firstoff, had a 1980something Merhow 2 Horse bumper pull- held up very well except for wood parts (don't use wood anymore)- still on the road and used alot.  Excellent customer service when I was looking to replace it.  Had they had a slant load with the dimensions I needed wouldn't hesitate to buy. 

Second- I too purchased a trailer (Logan Coach) rarely seen  in the Mid-West and was concerned about warranty issues.  However, have had 2 issues- one was tack room door had a weak hinge and 2 drop down window lost a screw where it secures to the trailer.  BOTH times warranty dept. immediately either sent the part or paid my local trailer repair shop to repair.  Both were minor, minor items but I suspect would do the same for something more severe.

Bottom line, Merhow has an excellent reputation and wouldn't hesitate to buy, even 500 miles away!  Good Luck.

CTR Rider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-07-20 1:58 PM (#64174 - in reply to #64148)

Veteran

Nitaoak<
I ordered mine from the dealer
CTR Rider
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread