'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ fridge runs on power, but propane isn't working?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-07 9:09 AM
15 replies, 4243 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 1:39 PM (#63197)
Subject: LQ fridge runs on power, but propane isn't working?

It worked last fall, (yep already checked the propane)

it's like it won't light. Any thing easy I check? I know zero about it.

Can't find anyone around me to work on them either.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Diamond V
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 2:00 PM (#63199 - in reply to #63197)
Subject: RE: LQ fridge runs on power, but propane isn't working?

Is it a 3.0 Refrig or a 6.0 Refrig ????

Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 2:04 PM (#63200 - in reply to #63199)

Originally written by Diamond V on 2007-07-02 2:00 PM

Is it a 3.0 Refrig or a 6.0 Refrig ????

Good question? How do I tell?

Grizzly2k1
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-07-02 3:11 PM (#63203 - in reply to #63197)

3.0 is a small fridge! 6.0 is a bigger fridge about 5ft tall! sometimes it has freezer built in!
Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 3:32 PM (#63206 - in reply to #63197)

its the smaller one then, about 3 1/2 feet tall I'd guess, has a small freezer but freezer itself is only shoe box size at best.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 4:37 PM (#63209 - in reply to #63197)

Extreme Veteran

Try lighting your stove top, then try and get your fridge to lite. If it been sitting awhile sometimes this will fix it. Also, go around to the outside, take the vent screen off and blow out the fixtures with compress air. A hairdryer will work also. That's a good thing to do every once awhile any way.

-Betty

Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 4:42 PM (#63211 - in reply to #63209)

Originally written by bjhouten on 2007-07-02 4:37 PM

Try lighting your stove top, then try and get your fridge to lite. If it been sitting awhile sometimes this will fix it. Also, go around to the outside, take the vent screen off and blow out the fixtures with compress air. A hairdryer will work also. That's a good thing to do every once awhile any way.

-Betty

don't have a stove, but will try the hair dryer thing.

it's almost like when your clicker thing goes out on your grill,

so i'm wondering about my lighter part.

headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-07-02 6:26 PM (#63214 - in reply to #63197)

Elite Veteran

I am having exactly the same problem with mine!  Just came back from a show where I had to camp the first night without a hookup, and couldn't get the fridge to light.  Works fine on electricity.  I will try to light my cooktop and see if that gets the gas flowing, but like the original poster says, I can't even hear mine click to light. 
perfect11s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-07-03 3:19 AM (#63226 - in reply to #63197)

Regular

Hi , I had this problem, found the burner assembly was dirty and blocked, how I fixed it - take the cover off outside, in the bottom  right is the burner, make sure every thing is turned off ,carefully remove the lower cover  disconect the gas line and remove the burner tube, there are about 5 slots, on mine these were blocked, clean carefully with a bit of copper wire, dont let dirt get in to the gas inlet and jet  , reasemble and test,  check is if the spark is working before and after, needs someone to press the igniter you should see the spark jump to the burner tube , make sure there are no leaks ....hope this helps..... 

clow
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-07-05 11:09 AM (#63341 - in reply to #63197)

Regular

Yup, had the same problem with mine, only didn't know about this site. I took it to and RV repair shop. They cleaned the burner assembly as described above and said she was good to go! If you can't fix it, try and RV dealer, they can show you one of the assemblys so you know what to remove and clean. Good luck hope it works out for you. C
Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-05 11:29 AM (#63343 - in reply to #63341)

Originally written by clow on 2007-07-05 11:09 AM

Yup, had the same problem with mine, only didn't know about this site. I took it to and RV repair shop. They cleaned the burner assembly as described above and said she was good to go! If you can't fix it, try and RV dealer, they can show you one of the assemblys so you know what to remove and clean. Good luck hope it works out for you. C

that's on of the main reasons for my post, there ISNT any RV dealers near me. So I'm out here in BFE trying to wing it. Hoping to get my hubby to help me when he's not making hay for my horses, and try the cleaning thing, as I know nothing about where I'd even check to make use things are hooked up or unhooked. I looked in the cover, and don't have a clue what I'm looking at.
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-07-05 11:38 AM (#63345 - in reply to #63197)

Elite Veteran

I am able to light my cooktop burners, but not the fridge, so I will see if I can figure out how to clean the burner assembly on the fridge.  Stay tuned!
Candy girl
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-07-06 1:42 PM (#63394 - in reply to #63197)

Veteran

Is the trailer sitting level?  Propane refrigerators won't run if the unit isn't sitting level.  I had the same problem when I wanted to start mine up the day before a trip to get it cold.  So I plugged it in.  Once we were hooked up to the truck, the trailer was level and voila, no more check light and it was running on propane.

Jiterbug
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-06 1:49 PM (#63395 - in reply to #63394)

Originally written by Candy girl on 2007-07-06 1:42 PM

Is the trailer sitting level?  Propane refrigerators won't run if the unit isn't sitting level.  I had the same problem when I wanted to start mine up the day before a trip to get it cold.  So I plugged it in.  Once we were hooked up to the truck, the trailer was level and voila, no more check light and it was running on propane.

no not really, i'll check that out...
I found some one to clean the burn thing yesterday and it was really cruddy, so it's lighting in the right place now. but it wasn't cooling very good. might have been the level thing.

What about going down the road. It should be able to run and keep stuff cool then right?
Candy girl
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-07-06 2:18 PM (#63397 - in reply to #63197)

Veteran

I would think that going down the road the unit is going to be more level than it ever is when it's only parked.  I know we have to raise our trailer up quite a ways to clear the ball to get it off the truck and we leave it that way, so as not to have to adjust it all again when it's time to re-hitch.  Our friends have the same problem with their Class C motor home.  They live in a city subdivision and therefore have to store the motor home elsewhere.  When they bring it to the house to load it, the motor home sits at an angle in their driveway and the frig will only run when plugged in.  We had the same problem once when we were dry camping with them.  If the motor home isn't level, the frig wouldn't run on gas.
AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-07-07 9:09 AM (#63422 - in reply to #63197)

Veteran

In my old trailer, I had to replace the fridge (it was only 5 yrs old).  We had cleaned everything & it would light, just wouldn't cool properly.  That's when the RV place told me to very careful about keeping the trailer level to keep the freon where it should be.  I don't know if the newer ones have freon or are they something else?  So I do try to keep the current one as level as I can.  PITA cuz I don't have electric jacks to have to crank it up everytime I want to hook up! 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)