'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dealer trailer prices

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-06-18 4:40 PM
5 replies, 3460 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2007-06-11 3:49 PM (#62146)
Subject: Dealer trailer prices

Extreme Veteran

Just wondering, how much wiggle room to horse trailer dealers build into their used trailer prices? Has anyone negotiated price, options, etc on a used trailer?

I am looking at a 2 horse GN w/living qtr and the trailer seems a bit high compared to similar models.

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-06-11 8:35 PM (#62158 - in reply to #62146)
Subject: RE: Dealer trailer prices

Extreme Veteran

I negotiated mine down about 15%. It was custom built so it's really hard to say if you could mange that much with the average trailer sitting on the lot.
KY Dealer
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-12 1:38 PM (#62197 - in reply to #62146)

New User

Hello Cowgirl, Dealers usually have hundreds of dollars to play with, not thousands. The brand of trailer and brand of LQ conversion has everything to do with price. High quality cost more than low quality. Just like trucks, cars, clothes and houses. You get what you pay for.

KY Dealer
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-06-17 8:00 AM (#62381 - in reply to #62146)

Veteran

We saved THOUSANDS $$$$$$ after looking at several dealers trailer that where used and NO one cleaned out or did any repairs to them.We where so disgusted in dealerships.I found same trailer for $12,000.-$16,000. LESS for private owners.So neared down and bought one way outa state.Had them promise in email (also many New pics) that trailer was just as stated in add.Friends an family are shocked at many we saved.Sorry but too many HUGE FANCY dealerships with jacked up prices you will be giving them.Just take along trusted trailer owner to help to decide on what trailers worth the money.BEST of Luck AND also I haven't seen any warrantys on used trailers so why pay huge difference in prices?????????

Covert Cowboy
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-06-18 7:45 AM (#62404 - in reply to #62381)

Regular

Originally written by Paints on 2007-06-17 8:00 AM

AND also I haven't seen any warrantys on used trailers so why pay huge difference in prices?????????

If your Sundowner is less than 8 years old you do know you still have a warranty on it, right? In some cases it can be longer because the Sundowner warranty starts when the first owner buys it (i.e. could have been a 2001 sold in 2003).

But that is exactly the kind of information you may not get from a private party because they may not know. I'll stick with dealer purchases. I like knowing that someone will be there to take care of me in case I need them.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-06-18 4:40 PM (#62426 - in reply to #62146)

Extreme Veteran

I purchased my current trailer used through a dealer and got a very good deal. The trailer was on consignment, and the owner really wanted to sell it. I don't think it matters who you buy your trailer from, a good dealership will service it for you. But you need to understand if your used purchase comes with a warranty or not, and if it doesn't, can you live with that. Mine didn't come with a warranty, and lucky for me, I have not needed it. But I figured I could foot alot of repairs for the $13K I saved over a new trailer. The trailer I purchased had never had a horse in it. A friend just found a simliar deal, never had a horse in it, and save $16K over the same trailer new. I'd loved to have a custom built trailer some day, but until then, used works for me.  The good deals are out there, look till you find it.

-Betty

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)