'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Titan trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-26 9:03 PM
6 replies, 3069 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dozerdan
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 7:55 PM (#59817)
Subject: Titan trailers

Input on Titan trailers. Looking at buying one and installing LQ in it. Any and all suggestions and opinions greatly appreciated. Let me know what you are thinking, pros and cons.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kansashoss
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2007-04-24 7:45 PM (#59890 - in reply to #59817)
Subject: RE: Titan trailers

No advice on finishing off the LQ but I have a GN Titan Classic and would purchase another one in a nanno second.  Excellent welds, paint and latches.  Furthermore the company is very responsive to questions and sending out a new part to replace one which is worn out, like the rubber door stops. 

Good luck!

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-26 12:21 PM (#60011 - in reply to #59817)

Elite Veteran

Owned a Titan Trailer back in the late 90s. Excellent paint, flooring and minimal rust. Pulled very nice. However, we had several issues with the fiberglass nose leaking. Took it back to the dealer twice for repairs. Had to heavily caulk it around the seam where it met the trailer.

And I had a hard time getting the last divider to extend out. They haven't changed the telescoping divider system yet. Being a gal, had to put a lot of muscle into getting the divider fully extended to close into latch hole. Yes, I kept it greased, but it is just plain hard to pull out. Other than those two items, the trailer was great. I have gone to aluminum (Elite), but have recommended them to friends. In fact, currently looking at one in MO this weekend with a friend. Also, look at a Trailswest since you are looking at steel trailers. Have a bumper pull in this brand and same great paint etc, plus easy divider system.

Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-26 4:42 PM (#60025 - in reply to #59817)

Ok, I'm sure anyone who sees a Titan thread expects to see my name on it at some point so I hate to disappoint.   If you do a search for Titan here you'll come across several threads.  I have posted my experiences in several of them. For the sake of those who have read more than enough "championing of the cause" , I'm not going to repeat in detail; I'm just going to encourage you to find those threads and read them. 

However, my experiences were limited to BP, I had a 2003 that I replaced with a 2007.  I never had any leaking issues. I don't know if Titan had quality issues like that in the 90's back when that poster purchased their trailer. I do know there is a sticker in the dressing room that says something like "While we take steps to prevent leaking we do not guarantee this DR is leak-proof," or something to that effect.  I don't know if that's typical CYA language of all trailers, or something born out of leakage issues from years ago. Would make sense if it were. After all, why else does McDonalds write on its cups that its coffee is hot??

Anyway, read those, and talk to a Titan dealer about what you want to do and see what they say about how well that usually works with one of their trailers. Or call the company itself. 

Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-26 4:46 PM (#60026 - in reply to #59817)

Oh yeah,  I meant to comment on the telescoping divider system.  That is probably my LEAST favorite thing.  I wish they'd come up with a different system/latch.  My 1st trailer it was pretty easy to maneuver. But my new one is much more difficult to slide in and out. I think in our 1st ride my horse may have leaned on it just right to slightly bend it b/c it seemed tougher to slide in then when we hit the road initially. Either that or it REALLY needs greased.  I know they're keeping the latch simple but I'd really prefer some other kind of latch that you could easily do with just one hand.

dozerdan
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-26 7:04 PM (#60033 - in reply to #59817)

Sounds for the most part everyone is pleased with the Titan. I am selling our Hart with LQ. The info is greatly appreciated.
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2007-04-26 9:03 PM (#60041 - in reply to #59817)

Veteran

I have a 98 titan renegade and love it.  I haven't had any problems with the telescoping divider.  It works pretty nice for I can take out the first divider and then it telescopes up and will latch in the first divider's hole.  That way , the rear stall area is square rather then at a slant. 

Pics of mine can be seen at http://www.debknudson.freewebspace.com/photo2.html

I haven't had any problems with leaks.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World