'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kiefer Built Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-02 12:23 PM
9 replies, 7795 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

RickiH
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-03-01 1:04 PM (#56572)
Subject: Kiefer Built Trailers

I know this has been a subject that has been brought up but i have more questions to ask, i have done a seach of Kiefer Built on here and have read everything people have had to say but i have a couple other questions & situations.. the people im looking to deal thru have been great getting me quotes and soforth.. i was looking at a brand new Kiefer Built Evolution, i am aware it is steel frame with aluminum shell, the guy im dealing thru said that it wont show signs of rust only underneigth where you cant see since the steel is only the frame, he also said that they use a new coating for there steel and with care the appearance lasts longer then older models, he also said that the floor has a 20yr warranty on it and is one of the best floors he could recommend, and that if i want i can upgrade the warranty to the genisus warranty (i dont know how much that will cost) but if i do that i will get the 8yr structural and the 3 yr (interior maybe i dunno but i know there is 3 yrs on somthing)... i dont want to skimp but i must say the price and the warranty make it sound like a good deal, and the fact that they are saying that things have been made differently, i was wondering if anyone has any opinions on if this may be the case and they have worked out previous issues and this sounds like a good deal? my dad is a welder and he thinks that steel would be fine and that i would just need to take care of it... i would like other opinions tho too! I know anyone can make a trailer sound good when they are only pointing out all the good things... as far as the interior and trailer space i loved it ... they use the space wisely so it gives it a roomy feeling... i really like everything about the trailer... other then the horror stories of the steel aluminum combo...Help?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
abaco1
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-01 9:12 PM (#56605 - in reply to #56572)
Subject: RE: Kiefer Built Trailers

New User

Don't worry about the Kiefer Built Evolution, Very well built trailer, the under carriage is paint with DuPont Color Primed paint and then DuPont Imron Paint (which is a very hard paint which does not fade in color) As for the Steel frame under the aluminum shell, it will last as long as you use common sense when pulling it. If you put in a sharp twist and turn it will be stressful as it would be for a aluminum. Heck it has a good warranty on it anyway. As for the Genesis the warranty is 3 years No-Leak Roof, 3 years Bumper-to-Hitch, 8 years Structural. Go to http://www.kieferbuiltinc.com/index.htm it is a great site to look at before you decide on which one you want. Oh I am a Kiefer dealer in Nebraska. Good Luck

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-03-02 4:32 PM (#56631 - in reply to #56572)

We have a Kiefer Genesis XE144.....It has the largest interior of any we looked at without a slide. We love the eight and a half wide and seven and a half tall as well as the full insulation in the horse compartment.
The Cutter interior is superb. The only issue with Kiefer is that you have to go to the manufacturer of each component for warranty work; this is where a good dealer makes a difference.
We also have a Merhow Equilite which is aluminum over steel frame with aluminum floor. Have no issues with the aluminum over steel.
All trailers require certain maintenance and care. If you like the trailer and like the dealer, then go for it. Nothing like having the trailer you want; makes horse hauling/camping a lot more enjoyable. Happy trails.
psdoolittle
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-03-05 2:39 PM (#56730 - in reply to #56572)

I sent you a PM. Good luck with your search!
ME Reiner
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-28 2:05 PM (#60105 - in reply to #56572)

Just wanted to let you know that I had an 04 Kiefer, 3H GN Genisis and had nothing but trouble with it. I have had it back to the dealer 3 times a year for 3 years. I am trading it for a Cimarron.

Good luck in your hunt.

overit2007
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-28 7:28 PM (#60116 - in reply to #56572)

New User

This is the fist time to this post and WOW!!! it seems like a few people are very negative.I guess people have nothing better to do than to bash!I have owned 4 Kiefer Built trailers and they have been nothing but wonderful trailers and the greatest people to deal with.By the way there are stories about cimmaron also.Thank you Kiefer Built and keep up the good work.

ridinhigh
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-04-29 9:10 AM (#60130 - in reply to #56572)

Did nobody read the OP's question?  EVOLUTION.... he wants to know about the EVOLUTION...not "oh I've got a Kiefer that's a piece of junk...it's a Genesis...yeehaw"

You Kiefer bashers need to get off the computer and go play with your horses.

That Evolution, BTW is a very nice trailer.  With the rumber floor, it's probably one of the best bangs for the buck out there. 

Good luck in your search.  To the Kiefer bashers....I'll be quiet..

ropinjack
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-04-29 1:18 PM (#60139 - in reply to #56572)

New User

Everyone has their opinions and most people should keep them to themselves, but I own an Evolution 4 horse with a 12 ft sw. I ordered it last Christmas and picked it up in March. I will give you my honest feelings on this trailer. I have no regrets buying it but there are a couple things I plan on improving. The steel frame is not a problem as long as you take care of it, but the thing you have to realize is, that it adds weight. This trailer is heavy. I changed from a 3/4 ton chevy v8 to a 1 ton dodge cummins just to be safe (and legal.) The electric jack works good but I may change to hydraulic. I have had one problem in the first year. I had some aluminum panels loose adhesion where they overlap. Took it to my local dealer and they re-glued them and haven't had a problem since. For the money I would buy an Evolution, I'm already thinking about a bigger trailer (need bunkbeds) and I will go right back with the Keifer trailers. Good luck. Hope this helps.
scoop
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-29 9:58 PM (#60164 - in reply to #60116)

Originally written by overit2007 on 2007-04-28 5:28 PM

This is the fist time to this post and WOW!!! it seems like a few people are very negative.I guess people have nothing better to do than to bash!I have owned 4 Kiefer Built trailers and they have been nothing but wonderful trailers and the greatest people to deal with.By the way there are stories about cimmaron also.Thank you Kiefer Built and keep up the good work.

I can't speak to the Evolution but would agree the move from the aluminum floor to the Rumber floor can only be a good thing for Kiefer.

However, being a Kiefer owner and having contacted their corporate headquarters on multiple occassions, I have to disagree with the poster that I have quoted.  I have owned - and currently still own - 1 Kiefer trailer...it will be the last Kiefer for me and that decision is based in a large part on the corporate headquarters (lack of) customer service.  Agreed that some dealers - and a shout out to RickyV - seem to take care of their customers (and non-customers) but the ball is most definitely dropped (repeatedly) at the corporate level.

Of course, with any situation, your mileage may vary...and if you have any sort of good luck hopefully it will vary from my experience greatly.

Edited by scoop 2007-04-29 9:59 PM
psdoolittle
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-05-02 12:23 PM (#60305 - in reply to #56572)

I'm standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Scoop and ME Riener, here. KB at the corporate level is a scary situation. For more information on that, just go to the Dane County Courthouse in Madison WI and look at the public documents related to the case pending there.And also agree with Scoop here, if I were a genie, I would wiggle my nose and make Diamond V COO of KB. Bet then this thread would not even exist because certainly, "we would be out playing with our horses" rather than trying to help our fellow horsemen by sharing our experiences. They OP asked about the floors/warranty/welds (and I quote, "help?"--they answered!)My opinion on KB trailers?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)