'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
PONDEROSA Gn Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-15 9:12 PM
5 replies, 2978 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

msimmonse06
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-13 9:50 AM (#59213)
Subject: PONDEROSA Gn Trailers

New User

I'm looking at purchasing a new GN stock trailer and I'm needing info on Ponderosa trailers, can anybody tell me if these trailers are worth the getting because they are cheap compared to other brands.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-13 10:53 PM (#59256 - in reply to #59213)
Subject: RE: PONDEROSA Gn Trailers

Extreme Veteran

If you do a search of past forums on here, you will find a couple of discussions on Ponderosa.  These will give you a wide range of the responses that were generated several months ago.  On a side note, we had one that we bought just to use to carry the horses around town and had no trouble with it.  It wasn't the top of the line by any means, but it got the job done.  We did not really care how well the paint held up or how clean the welds looked.  We have a C&C for the long trips.  Overall it wasn't a bad trailer just for local runs. 

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-04-14 9:43 AM (#59276 - in reply to #59213)

Elite Veteran

like Robnorm said, I have a 3 horse BP that I use for my Pony Ride business, Hauling horses to local trail rides and trips back and forth to the vet clinic.  Crappy paint, but it pulls good and I didn't pay much for it.  All in All a good trailer for the price.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-04-14 10:05 PM (#59305 - in reply to #59276)

Expert

Here I go,risking getting slammed for an opinion,but since you asked,I will give you mine as a former Ponderosa owner.

Ponderosa trailers are made here in Arkansas.They are a reasonably priced decent steel trailer.Yes,they don't have the best paint,like several steel trailers in this price range.However,the one that I traded an extra tall WW for had a very good paint job.The only rust that it ever had was from being outside in a pasture before I owned it,where horses had "sampled" it.

I might add that I did keep mine in a shed when I got it.It held its' value as well as other trailers in this class.It's worth what it is priced most of the time.Good for plain old using.

I would have another Ponderosa under the right circumstances.Sold it to buy a 2H with a dressing room,which my Ponderosa did not have.

Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-15 1:34 AM (#59311 - in reply to #59305)

Hi Crowleysridgegirl, don't worry too much about getting slammed for your opinion, after all, you're posting as a former owner, not a friend of a cousin who's gynecologist's secretary had really bad trailer they bought from a third person. Ponderosa's seem reasonably priced and you do get what you pay for,it just seems to reason you'd have to make more of an effort to keep it looking good. Here in the NW we have alot of rain...I've seen many rusted out trailers sitting in fields. Seen plenty of other steel trailers that have fared well with  routine maintenence, ie: wax, washing, greasing hinges. Storing under a lean-to or car port is definately going to help with all of the humitity. Have to say, my lazy ass finally bought an all alum trailer.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-04-15 9:12 PM (#59351 - in reply to #59311)

Expert

Hey, I hear you there.I'm glad to be able to keep mine in an enclosed shed or I'd have to have an aluminum one too.The Arkie sun/humidity here is you-know-what on materials too.

Overall,my Ponderosa was really a solid built little trailer,and it sure pulled good. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)