'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
help me ESCAPE !

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-20 10:59 PM
6 replies, 3708 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

northernlea
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-19 1:06 PM (#59611)
Subject: help me ESCAPE !

New User

Hey all....I am looking at replacing our 27 year old trailer. HA! yeah it's time.

I have been trapped once in a slant load with no escape door and a green,goofy horse and am adamant the trailer we purchase will have either a first stall escape, or a walk thru' to tackroom.  Non negotiable.

My dilema is this..I have found 2 wonderful Trails West trailers (on this site in the USA) that pretty much have all other options I like.        Neither have an escape route. Is it possible and financially feasible to have a door put on? I expect cutting a walk thru' might be the most economical.    All advise appreciated.

Trying to find a Trails West up here has been futile & the nearest dealer has not got the best rep. So, even with the exchange rate, a few days drive,figuring out whatever paper work etc & am somewhat closer to my Holy Grail...

Thanks,lea

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-19 10:42 PM (#59651 - in reply to #59611)
Subject: RE: help me ESCAPE !

Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-19 11:02 PM (#59652 - in reply to #59611)

Hi,

You might want to try Titan. They make all steel trailers very similar to the Trails West, cost a bit less. Granton Trailer Sales in CAn sells them at what looks to be decent prices- I believe they're listed in Canadian dollars on the site(hopefully that's not the dealer you were referring to!) and you can get them with escape doors. 

I just got a 2007 slant load with escape door. It replaced the 2003 I had that was totalled in an accident last year. I was very happy with my '03,  and the way it held up after getting clobbered like we, (my horse and I), did, was enough to convince me to be a repeat customer. 

I recall when doing initial research in '03 that I felt Titan was a better trailer than Trails West, (I don't remember the reasons now.) The TW looks a bit more "refined" and "smoother;" when next to a Titan the TW makes the Titan look more "production line," even tho. they both are I'm sure.  

If an escape door is a non-negotiable item for you, I think you would be very happy with a Titan and could probably get the same options on it you're looking for for less than a TW and then after-market adding an escape door. 

Gunnerhorse.

And NO, I don't work for Titan though I probably should!

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-04-19 11:26 PM (#59654 - in reply to #59652)

Expert

have you look at jamco's they are up in that area 
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-20 8:57 AM (#59677 - in reply to #59611)

Extreme Veteran

Trails West offers walk-thru doors and side escape doors as options on their trailers.  That being said, here are a few options I can think of:

1. Order a trailer with these options from any dealer you choose.

2. Order a trailer with these options from one of the dealers that has the trailers you have already spotted.

3. Talk to Trails West to see if they can recommend an installer for either option on one of the trailers you have already spotted.  The installer could be near the dealer, near where you live, or the Trails West factory.

4. Talk to the dealer that has the trailers you spotted to see what it would cost, or if it would be possible, to add a walk-thru door or side escape door.

barstow
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-20 4:03 PM (#59699 - in reply to #59611)

Veteran

I just ordered my 2H slant load Titan Avalanche II. I chose it exactly for the same reason you cite - escape door at the first horse. (plus I read that post about the accident! That helped convince me!)

Now, the Avalanche III comes with the escape door standard, but if you don't want all the other features, you can get an Avalanche II and order the escape door as an extra.

That's what I liked most of about this trailer. You can add features "a la carte" and pretty much get exactly what you want.

I can't wait for mine to arrive. MAY 3rd!

Buffy111_99
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-04-20 10:59 PM (#59716 - in reply to #59654)

Regular

Originally written by loveduffy on 2007-04-19 12:26 AM

have you look at jamco's they are up in that area 

Jamco's are terrific trailers but they are from ONTARIO, Canada not Alberta, Canada

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)