'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Silverstar?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-16 5:53 PM
9 replies, 3355 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2007-03-14 4:52 AM (#57060)
Subject: Silverstar?

Extreme Veteran

does anyone know what's going on with Silverstar trailers? has the factory reopened yet? I've given up waiting for the 4H I ordered over 5 (!)months ago. the dealer is giving me a pretty good price on a Lakota.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-03-14 6:44 AM (#57061 - in reply to #57060)
Subject: RE: Silverstar?

Expert

Any dealer that drug me along for 5 months waiting on anything, would not get the chance to sell me anything. They should have stepped up to the plate about 3 months ago.
marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-03-14 8:31 AM (#57064 - in reply to #57060)

Hi, I ordered a silverstar in sept.. Have talked to them once or twice a month? they keep giving me the run a round on time to re-open. They changed hands and the new owner told me he is waiting for the financing? 3 months? and HAS NO IDEA WHEN THE BANK WILL COME THROUGH?? Its been "next week" for 3 months..I'm done. I ordered a Shadow 2 horse LQ with a 6' slide out. They told me it will be done in 2 months? My dealer also sells the Lakota and recomended the Shadow over the Lakota?? said it was a better made low end trailer..MaryM
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-03-14 11:13 AM (#57069 - in reply to #57064)

Veteran

Originally written by marym on 2007-03-14 8:31 AM
My dealer also sells the Lakota and recomended the Shadow over the Lakota?? said it was a better made low end trailer..MaryM

I'm not sure that is a real valid comparison from your dealer, Lakotas' look to be a mid to upper-mid price level trailer. 

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-03-14 12:35 PM (#57072 - in reply to #57060)

What makes you say that? I just ask because I would like to know if there are thing that you think make the lakota trailer better quality than the shadow trailer. Alum quality, windows, doors, insulated through out, brakes, latches, dividers, floor ect. Thanks for the info Mary

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-03-15 11:38 AM (#57104 - in reply to #57072)

Veteran

Hi Mary - I thought I answered last night - it didn't seem to make it to the message board.

That's a fair question, and I had a long answer last night about the trailers - but to boil it down to why I typed the other response is this,.  Lakota lists the materials, how their installed, and the very well engineered nature of their trailer.  Take a look at their website, then look at Shadow's.  I couldn't even find Shadow's warranty info online, let alone some detailed specs on their trailers.  The warranty on the Lakota is quite good.

The other thing is price - Lakota's "lower end" for pricing seems to start right around where Shadows top out price wise.  Not that price alone determines value & quality - but I'm pretty sure in this free market, that you can only price something for about what it's worth, or what the market will bear.

Take a look at both trailers - The dealer you mentioned sounded like they carry both.  Really, the ultimate decision is up to you, and how you perceive the trailer meets your needs.  If the Shadow can save you a few thousand, and get done what you need, then it is a better deal.

Best of Luck to ya!

Steve

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-03-15 9:31 PM (#57131 - in reply to #57060)

Hi, thanks for your advice. The shadow has a 7 year bumper-bumper. The trailer dealer carries both trailers. I asked him to tell me what trailer he thought was the better quality and that I would buy that one, he was the one that compared apples to apples and said that the Shadow was better qualty. I like the special paint job on the Lakota "its pretty" I ordered the Shadow trailer today. It is a 2 horse with a 8.5' SW, 6' slide out, stainless nose, extruded sides, hay rack and a LQ conversion. They also drop the axles, lower GN, block the axles so it has more clearence under the trailer. $34, So I hope I like it... MaryM
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-03-16 7:23 AM (#57143 - in reply to #57131)

Veteran

That sounds great - Thanks for letting me know the warranty - that is a real good length of warranty.  I think they ought to beef up their site and let folks know how well they stand behind their product. 

Good luck with your new trailer!

acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2007-03-16 2:57 PM (#57179 - in reply to #57060)

Extreme Veteran

I've only seen one Lakota in person but am impressed w/ the quality of the horse area.  this one has full LQ which for the price (in my opinion anyway) could be done better.   but the horse area seems nice and sturdy and well thought out.  the windows and doors are well made and feel solid, unlike some I've seen lately.

anyway this new trailer should be here tonite or tomorrow.  yipee!!!

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-03-16 5:53 PM (#57197 - in reply to #57060)

Good to hear you are getting your trailer.....Please send picuters and let us know how you like the trailer. I will do the same on here when I get my Shadow trailer. That will help everyone else looking for these trailers. I wish there was more info on the "other brand trailers" from owners. When I was looking for a trailer and asked about the Exiss I got alot of bad feed back but not from owners? Take care, MaryM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)