'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
The new Miley Horse Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-06 9:37 AM
5 replies, 3416 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kcnyellow
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-28 10:44 AM (#47509)
Subject: The new Miley Horse Trailers

I see that Miley is back. Has anyone had any experience with the new trailers?  I just wanted to get some feedback as I am getting ready to buy a new trailer.  I would like something affordable, with nice features, but I don't need anything elaborate.  If anyone has an opinion, please feel free to share.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
louganflor
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-05 7:43 PM (#56741 - in reply to #47509)
Subject: RE: The new Miley Horse Trailers

New User

Just picked up a new Miley Sat.,two horse slant,liked the way it pulled nothing fancy but a really nice unit.
Its all about horses
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-05 8:22 PM (#56743 - in reply to #47509)

I looked at the Milley's when I was trailer shopping for a client. We went and looked at a few of them. I thought they had a nice look initially but after looking closer I saw small things that made us steer away from them. I did not like the fact that all the ones we looked at did not have vents in the roof. We just didn’t like the idea of so little air. Also when we moved the drop down windows around they were very loosely attached on the trailer. This was on all the trailers that we looked at. We also saw areas in the welding that did not look as secure or well done as on some other trailers. They seam like small things but when you compare to other trailers in the same price range and find better quality you just have to go that way.

kcnyellow
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-03-06 5:33 AM (#56753 - in reply to #47509)

You know, I just have to say that since I made that post, I've looked at many of the all aluminum trailers on the market.  Every chance I get, wherever I may happen to be, I find myself looked at welds, walls, construction - and I even keep a notebook so I remember what I liked and disliked about every brand.  I have pretty much now narrowed my search down to Platinum, Cimarron, or 4 Star.  I still have a couple brands left to see, it's hard to fnd a Stidham - which is on my list to check out, Merhow too.  I have also learned that the dealer is almost as important as the trailer manufacturer.  Anyway, just wanted to say, by summer I hope to have found exactly what I am looking for in a trailer and find it for the best price possible.  I want a trailer that is going to last me for the next 25+ years and I think sticking with the higher end trailers, that is exactly what I will get. 

On a side note, all of you regulars on this forum are sure wonderful!  You have no idea how much I've appreciated reading your advice and input.  It is because of you that I've become a much more knowledgeable consumer - so THANK YOU!

Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-03-06 9:05 AM (#56761 - in reply to #47509)

Veteran

I see that you would like to see a Stidham in person.  Great choice, they are all that we'll use anymore.  I was gonna tell ya that you might want to call the factory and talk to Robbie, he MAY have a trailer being delivered somewhere near you and you could meet the trucker to take a look on his way through.  They are made there in Chickasha OK.  I believe that the closest dealer to you would be the one over in Stephenville, TX.  Anyhow Robbie will be happy to help ya, I'm sure.  Ph. (405) 224-6414, they have a web-site too, www.stidhamtrailers.com.  P.S. I'm not a dealer, just a very satisfied customer that's very happy with our trailers. (2 Stidhams)   Talk to y'all later... 
Ms Sharon Kay
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-03-06 9:37 AM (#56764 - in reply to #56753)

I see that you haven't mentioned SilverLite......It's worth taking a look! Great structure strength, clean strong welds and a ten yr warranty to back it up often going way beyond the problem to make sure their customer is satisfied.!

Merhow is another fantastic option. Building trailers for over 50 yrs with an extremely small % of warranty claims. Several long time owners have their Merhow trailer repainted and refitted rather than take a chance on another brand. That's trailer love!

Both companies are very customer friendly, they welcome your calls and visits! Also both companies will customize your trailer to your specs.

Visit SilverLite online at http://www.silverlite.com/ and Merhow at http://www.merhow.com/

good luck on your search, you're getting some great advice from people here! Aren't they great!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)