'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse trailer title

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-11 10:58 AM
1 replies, 3544 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mapom53
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-11 10:25 AM (#56986)
Subject: horse trailer title

New User

I bought a horse trailer here in Wisconsin from a dealer that never had the trailer registered in their name.  The title is a MN title.  Do I have to first register it in MN and then transfer it to WI?  If so I will end up paying both state taxes?  If so I'm contacting that dealer!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-03-11 10:58 AM (#56992 - in reply to #56986)
Subject: RE: horse trailer title

Elite Veteran

Originally written by mapom53 on 2007-03-11 10:25 AM

I bought a horse trailer here in Wisconsin from a dealer that never had the trailer registered in their name. The title is a MN title. Do I have to first register it in MN and then transfer it to WI? If so I will end up paying both state taxes? If so I'm contacting that dealer!
if of all...did you pay sales tax when you bought the trailer? if yes, you will not need to pay taxes again.for the title, as long as the original trailer owner(s) signed off on the title, all you need to do is pay the title transfer and registration fee. you can find the forms online off the WI State DMV site.hopefully...a WI dealer will also chime in on this one. good luck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)