'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tough Time to be Chrysler Corp.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-28 4:23 PM
28 replies, 7308 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shadytrake
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-27 11:06 PM (#56458 - in reply to #55983)
Subject: RE: Tough Time to be Chrysler Corp.

New User

This might be a little off topic and I am zipping up my flamesuit, but I work for a Chinese company and have for the last 4 years. I have to tell you that this company pays better, has the best health benefits, and the best bonuses of any company I have ever worked for...period.

The company is extremely concerned with our work atmosphere and well being.

In the past I have worked for a local hospital, a small business, a managed care group, and a manufacturing plant. All of them with the exception of the manufacturing treated us like dirt. The manufacturing plant had a lot of good ol boys at the top and they basically bankrupted the company so the rest of us got nothing.

I realize that China still has a long way to go, but they are more westernized than you might think and at least in my industry, they are very concerned with quality control.

Sorry if I went too off topic.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
3 Willows Farm
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-02-28 3:07 PM (#56499 - in reply to #55983)

Regular

I feel the pain as an old business owner that was shut down due to NAFTA and now that I am in the IT world we are seeing it on this level as well.  Especially with call centers/helpdesks for companies. 

One of the clients I have now is GM and you guessed it ....their call centers are in brazil. 

I have seen it with every customer we manager that moves their call centers or heldesks to other countries.  The support and the level of service you get is automatically dropped as soon as this happens.  It seems almost as fast as you have them moving them over there, companies are starting to realize that it was a mistake and didnt seem to be worth it.  I have seen several articles in the past few weeks regarding this.  I will share one:

(If that's the case, another exception is Fremont-based Everdream Corp. The company makes desktop management software sold as a service, like Salesforce.com. It wanted to scale up a help desk and thought it could do so faster and cheaper in Costa Rica. It thought it was doing everything right. It contracted with a third party which specializes in setting up these call centers, and trained the management in California for four months before opening in Costa Rica.

The move was a disaster, says Gary Griffiths, CEO and president of Everdream. )

I know this is not close to the topic that was started but Just adding what I see as well since I handle some of the major issues when a computer problem fails on a production line for GM or when you go to press that On Star button and that connection doesnt work.  Will you feel comfortable talking to someone in brazil with a fake US name?  What you get overseas for cheaper is not always better.

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-02-28 3:20 PM (#56500 - in reply to #55983)

Elite Veteran

My frustration exactly. When I call support for my HP computers or Vonage internet phone support, it's India. We go back and forth saying "what?" allot. By the time they look up the problem in the manual, two hours latter, I usually have the problem solved myself and then they tell me how glad they are that "They" fixed the problem.

Anymore when I have a computer problem, even if it's still under warranty, I call my local geek and have him fix it. This has been cheaper than me on the phone to India for hours giving English speaking class.

You're right call centers over seas don't make for customer satisfaction.

racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2007-02-28 4:23 PM (#56506 - in reply to #56500)

Veteran

Absolutely...  Companies must realize that shipping off the most important part of their business--customer support--to places like India the worst move they can make.

Americans should stop doing business with companies that do this, and let the companies know why they no longer support them...

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)