'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Regional Pricing???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-23 3:39 PM
9 replies, 3213 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 2:55 PM (#54252)
Subject: Regional Pricing???

Veteran

You folks won't believe this - I just received a call from a dealer in our area - they are having a "huge" sale" this weekend.  She told me they have a Exiss 2H BP Straight Load Sport unit, without dressing room, normally goes for $15,000 on sale this weekend for $12,000.  I took a look on the classifieds after I got off the phone with her - there are several here, below that price, and with a dressing room.

I find this type of ripoff all over our state.  There is a dealer from our State that lists Featherlite Trailers on this site - You should see their prices compared to what I see listed elsewhere in the country. 

Is there some good reason that we get over charged in Connecticut?  Is it shipping from the manufacturers that boosts the cost up so high?  The Equine Affair was an eye opener as well - I think when I am ready to buy, I"ll do it there.  They seem to offer the best deals at those shows.  Overall, it doesn't appear that New England dealers can compete dollar for dollar on this site, that must be why there are so few listing on here.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
webdreamin
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 3:35 PM (#54256 - in reply to #54252)
Subject: RE: Regional Pricing???

The company I am with has a brand new 2006 2H straight load walk-thru, with DR, insulated roof throughout, padded dividers, padded butt bar, padded breast bar, Torsion rubber ride suspension, upgraded in the axles, spare tire included, with a 7 year warranty for $12295 plus tax and fees. For more info call Bill @ 800-455-1001 ext# 120
arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 3:49 PM (#54258 - in reply to #54252)

Veteran

I don't know if it has anything to do with the cost of living or not. My daughter lived in White Plains, New York and what they paid for their home was staggering compared to home prices in Kentucky. Whether that spills over into other areas such as horse trailers, I don't know. Arlene
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 6:41 PM (#54269 - in reply to #54258)

Veteran

Arlene - I think in some way it could be related to the cost of living up here - I guess if land/lease/building costs are more, then it's reasonable to expect that the costs would be reflected in pricing.  It is frusrating though to see both the better pricing, and much better selection available outside of my area.  Have you ever noticed how few New England dealers advertise here? 
arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 7:58 PM (#54286 - in reply to #54252)

Veteran

I have noticed that there aren't many ads from that part of the country but I didn't know why. I drove from KY to NC to buy my trailer from an individual and I haven't regretted it at all.
simple_as_dirt
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-22 9:25 PM (#54304 - in reply to #54252)

Sure didn't take the boys from LTT long to jump on an opportunity to do a little prospecting did it?

I'm sure that delivery fees play a role in higher prices the farther you are located from the mfr. however, most dealers will take advantage of creative shipping methods such as connecting a BP to a GN whenever possible to help offset this cost. You may also be correct in your regional pricing theory - I know that some dealers will try to form an "alliance" so to speak with competitors that are located reasonably close to them to maintain minimum pricing. You may have rec'd a call from a salesman that has had a bad month and is trying to lure you in to turn it all around in one sale. You certainly aren't going to fall victim to whatever the scheme, and that is super!! Unfortunately, there are those that do not do their homework, or react on impulse, or for whatever reason do fall for this stuff. The internet and especially this site in are extremely useful tools if everyone will just take advantage. Thanks for sharing your story.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-01-23 5:40 AM (#54312 - in reply to #54304)

Expert

Originally written by simple_as_dirt on 2007-01-22 9:25 PM

Sure didn't take the boys from LTT long to jump on an opportunity to do a little prospecting did it?

They are all just snakes in the grass on this site. People having problems, only a handful will respond, someone looking to buy they come from everywhere.

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-23 6:48 AM (#54313 - in reply to #54304)

Veteran

Yes - the "homework" factor plays a big part in my decision.  I have to say, this site has been a huge help to me in forming opinions on whats out there, and how much I should pay for it.  I have to say I don't mind the dealers jumping in on threads like this - but I certainly don't pay it much mind either. 

There seems to be a group of dealers on here who are top tier service providers, and unfortunately none of them are anywhere near me

Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-01-23 12:27 PM (#54343 - in reply to #54252)

Extreme Veteran

Much of the price difference is undoubtedly the freight.   We have sold three trailers into New England, including Connecticut, in the last few months.  The freight was $1,100 and higher for each one.  This was in addition to the freight charge from the factory to our location.  The dealers in the northeast have more freight miles to pay for than we do in the midwest.
WesternSky
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-23 3:39 PM (#54365 - in reply to #54252)

Regular

Is there some good reason that we get over charged in Connecticut?

We get that here in this neck of the woods also. I talked to every single dealer within the borders of CO/WY and though they gave good information and were friendly folks, their prices were just out of line in my opinion. If the economy is pretty strong in certain areas, then the prices will follow suit. Areas that are struggling a bit seem to be the best bet I guess. It sure as heck pays to look around.

lisa.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)